Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
moasew

Default 1928-29 Radiator Required

Hi:

Does anyone have a good radiator (new or used) which I can buy for my 28 Tudor restoration? I'm from Prince Edward Island, Canada so hopefully I can source one in Canada as shipping that large of an item from US can be very costly.

However if I can find one in US reasonable enough I will consider getting it shipped. If anyone has one in Northeastern states this is the closest to me and I could make a trip out of it to pick it up.

OR where is the best source for radiators ?

Wilfred
moasew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #2
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: 1928-29 Radiator Required

Try advertising on the Swap Meet. If you search on this site you will find many recent posts on the subject of radiators. No sense repeating history. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
goodoldvic

Look at the main page on this site, you will see Berg's and Brassworks as radiator suppliers. If you are restoring for correctness and judging theses may be your answer. I have a '29 Tudor driver with a replacement from Snyders, heavy duty USA made Walker that fit perfect and works great. $585.00 I don't know about shipping. Good luck.
goodoldvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoldvic View Post
Look at the main page on this site, you will see Berg's and Brassworks as radiator suppliers. If you are restoring for correctness and judging theses may be your answer. I have a '29 Tudor driver with a replacement from Snyders, heavy duty USA made Walker that fit perfect and works great. $585.00 I don't know about shipping. Good luck.
That $585 to Canada will be plus approximately 30 % exchange, plus HST 13 % plus shipping $100 or likely more Do you can expect that 585 dollars to be over $1000 dollars. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 AM   #5
moasew

That's a decent price but when I pay with Canadian dollars the exchange rate now adds at least 30 per cent to the price of both the item and shipping so gets pricey. It's definitely a great time to visit or buy from Canada. Even though prices might be higher here you still win.
A couple of years ago the dollar was around par so not so bad.

Anyway thanks for your reply and I will still look into it.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:02 AM   #6
lwannem

I have an early 28 radiator that has been completely restored. i live in BUFFALO n.y. which isn't that far to ship. Let me know if your interested. You can call @ 716 662 5398. Ask for Barney.
lwannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #7
katy

George Moir's in Stony Plain, Alberta, 2015 catalogue lists a new HD rad for $850. You could check w/them 780-963-7334 for current price and shipping.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #8
Mikeinnj

Click on "The Forums" at the top of this page and then click on "Swap Meet" and then "Wanted" and list your wants there as you may find a good used one for sale.
Mikeinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #9
SeaSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moasew View Post
That's a decent price but when I pay with Canadian dollars the exchange rate now adds at least 30 per cent to the price of both the item and shipping so gets pricey. It's definitely a great time to visit or buy from Canada. Even though prices might be higher here you still win.
A couple of years ago the dollar was around par so not so bad.

Anyway thanks for your reply and I will still look into it.
yes that is unfortinate, maybe if you want to go from a US supplier a fellow fordbarner near you in the states could be your "middleman" so you just meet him/her and pay them the US price.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:18 PM   #10
moasew

The Heavy Duty Radiator from George Moir's in Edmonton is the one I went with.I received it this week and it looks great.The Dimensions are bang on with the radiator I removed.I will remove the wiring harness clips from the radiator though since my '28 has a metal shroud with a built in channel for the harness. I've just refinished it today.