Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Erik the Awful

Default 1955 Mercury Custom Station Wagon

City: Higgins
State: Texas
Price: 4900

When you come upon something you have been searching for for years and buy it, you hope that it is a once in a lifetime acquisition. When this beautiful ’55 Mercury Station Wagon was found in an Oklahoma Pasture it was the realization of a years long search. We got it home and put it to running on 8 cylinders and discovered that the Mercomatic transmission shifts automatically as it should and that the brakes were horrible. Proper nomenclature for this one is 1955 Mercury Custom (series) 9-passenger Station Wagon. It has the original 292 Y-Block V-8 engine that was standard for Mercurys in 1955. Yes, it has the third seat, and all the original upholstery. The roof was caved in when we got it and we bumped it out but not completely because the original light green vinyl headliner is intact. The original upholstery is present throughout. The front seat is worn out and of course the padding underneath is long since gone. Yep, there’s rust. Lower rear corners of front fenders, rocker panels and doglegs, and floorpans. Rusty in all the regular places you find it in mid-fifties Ford products. We have taken care to do some touch-up work on the old paint and have provided correct wheels and wheelcovers. The qualifier is: This is an unrestored vehicle. It is not leagally roadable and WILL REQUIRE lots of work and money to make it that way. Restoration will, of course, be at the new owner’s effort and expense.

Now our priorities have changed and the wagon needs a new home. It comes with its own Oklahoma title. You can buy it for $4900.00. Pay for it with a $1000.00 money order or wire transfer immediately and the balance when you pick it up. The car is in the Texas panhandle not far from the Western Oklahoma State line. If you need to know more, look at its pix on Photobucket (link below) or call Mike at 806-853-9769 days or 806-217-1041 evenings. Both numbers have voicemail so if it’s unanswered, leave a message. Call ya back as soon as possible. Now, I’m an old guy and I don’t put up with much foolishness. Play it straight.

Here is the photobucket link:

http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/a...ation%20Wagon/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 016.jpg (48.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 017.jpg (30.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 018.jpg (64.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 019.jpg (52.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 020.jpg (60.3 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by Erik the Awful; 03-18-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: move
Erik the Awful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
frank long island

Default Re: 1955 Mercury Custom Station Wagon

that is not in bad shape i have the same car minus the trim missing when i bought it though mine is a woody i'm still looking for the tailgate emblem i paid around the same for mine but yours is more complete parts are available to restore if you were to part it the taillights alone go for 250.00/400.00 depending on condition
frank long island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Erik the Awful

ttt
Old 05-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Erik the Awful

bttt