Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
henry's 31

Default Tudor Windshield

Fellow members:

Can someone tell me if Model A Windshields for a Tudor were the same for 28-29 & 30-31.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Tudor Windshield

The bottom lip changed a few times.
The bottom lip being the wind deflector, and it's pointed out in the Judging Standards.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
reggiedog

And the regular Tudor windshield is a little smaller then the Deluxe Tudor. As I have a Deluxe Tudor and I have to always buy the original parts for it. So I can buy the Deluxe Tudor Part's. As they don't make re-pop part's for the Deluxe Tudors as I found that out very quickly. When I was trying to buy parts for my car so if I were you I would call Steve at Bert's as they have the original parts that you will need.

Good Luck

Reggiedog
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #4
henry's 31

Thanks for the quick answers. Reggiedog: What type of parts were you referring to. This is my dilema. I purchased a chassis with matching frame and motor with title for a 1930 Station Wagon. My goal to bring this Station Wagon back to life. I purchased a Cowl from New York for a 30 Tudor which according to Pleasantville (now for sale) manufacturing stated it woulf fit a Station Wagon body. The reality is I can't tell if it is Standard or Deluxe Tudor Cowl. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #5
reggiedog

The side pieces for the windshield and what ever else you are missing on the windshield are different from the Standard is.

what is differnt from the standard to the Deluxe is the holes on the side pieces and the measurements are a little different also as one is taller then the other don't remember what one now been to long.

But if you have the Machanices handbook by Les Anderews in that book it tells you the differences between the two but I do know that the holes are also different as mine were.

But if you have a ( R ) Stamping on the front cross sill brace right in front of the drivers seat please let me know as I will know where your car was made depending on the year the Car or Truck that is.

Reggiedog
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote