Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #41
fritznbud

Default Re: Retired at last

Gentlemen, I'm 54 and into my...16th year of "retirement". 1995, i left a 9 to 5 and have been playin' since. I am single. I raised my 2 girls until they went to live with their mom in '95, then off i went, beach geek was my new title. This was down in Pompano bch, Fl. I'm happy up here in the hills with my toy collection and no bills, still no ball & chain, and loving life.
fritznbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #42
sonny30coupe

Retired since 62 but I think he once stated that he does not have a Model A. Doesnt sound like much of a retirement to me.
sonny30coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #43
Russ/40

I retired last year. Now I'm finally getting that '29 RPU basket case together that has been waiting for me for the last 30 years.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #44
FL&WVMIKE

I retired in 2005 and LOVE it, and I am good at it ! While I was working, a 12 hour day was normal. Friday and Saturday was from 9:00 AM to 12:00 at night.
What is strange, is that I, now, don't have time to get things done, that I did, while I was working. It's simply amazing ! I just don't understand it.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #45
PO51

Clyde,
Congrats on your retirement! I retired April of 2010, thought I'd have at least 1 of my cars done by now, but life keeps getting in the way, enjoy each day!
PO51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #46
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydes 31 P/U View Post
Retired this month and just wanted to show off the cake my family gave me at the party they threw for me, looked awesome and tasted even better. Ahh Model A's, cake, and the time to enjoy both. Don't get NO better than that. Thanks for lettin me spout off. Clyde
Clyde,
You are one of the lucky ones! Wow, what a neat bunch of guys here to be with, from what you hear!
Sept 2001 retired me and had I realized how much work retirement was going to be..well let's put it this way, SHE claims that I worked a lot of hours...and still had time to do everything ever had to be done at home! She also questions what happened...now I 'don't seem to have time to get just home stuff done'! I tell her that between all my "hobbies" and doing for all those that are tooo old to do for themselves, AND doing for all those who are tooo young to know how to do for themselves..time is going by tooo fast! Whew, I still can not get this grin off of my face!!!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote