Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #41
mshmodela

Default Re: MARC enforcing Region membership requirement

Very standard for higher level clubs of any kind who grants charters to levy a tax upon those chapters and its members. If a chapter and its members do not like that, vote to surrender your charter and be your own one of kind club... This is American after all, we were created due in part to a tax revolt after all.

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
mshmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #42
Vern

I confess to being a bit confused over this matter. I currently serve as the president or director of the International Model Ford A Victoria Association. That title and $4.00 will get me a cup of coffee at the local Starbucks.

Our organization is a Special Interest Group or Region of both MARC and MAFCA. Our stated goals are to expand the knowledge of the 190A body style and aid in the restoration of this body style. Additionally, we publish a quarterly newsletter and pay the operation expenses of the Model A Youth Scholarship. We do not hold meetings, swap meets, parades or other events. We occasionally gather like minded members during the national meets held by both national groups. There are such gatherings scheduled for Puyallup and French Lick this summer.

We have over 300 members in most of the 50 states and in 8 countries outside ours. I currently have no way of knowing which members belong to MARC or MAFCA or the Greater Model A Group of Sweden. While this information is requested on our application form, it doesn't seem to have any affect on whether someone is allowed to join.

I am wondering just what affect this new interest/requirement relating to liability insurance will have on the Victoria Association and other special interest groups.
I am disinclined to remove someone from our association over this.
Vern Schwebke
President
International Model A Ford Victoria Association
[email protected]
www.VictoriaAssociation.com
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #43
Will N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old182 View Post
Will, you are correct in that final decisions have not been made yet (sorry about the dancing). It would be very difficult to police the membership requirement, and in the end I suspect MARC (and the insurer) would rely on the honesty of the Regions to comply. However, ultimately the insurer must decide whether to cover non-MARC members of Regions and whether to issue special event coverage to Regions that do not conform to the rules. MARC is not the insurer and to my knowledge has no authority to issue coverage on its own. And as we all know, things seem to go very smoothly until something happens, then the ....well, you know. There must be a set of rules and constrictions that will allow an insurer to cover the almost 8,000 members of MARC and their guests at events, but also at a reasonable cost to MARC. This Board is working very hard at finding that sweet spot of coverage vs. cost and at the same time trying to retain its membership. Please be patient as I'm confident there will be fair decisions and announcements made soon.
Thanks Joe!
Will N is offline   Reply With Quote