Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-26-2022, 01:49 PM   #1
feynmanfan

Default Electro Tech Turn Signal Control

I installed one of these turn/brake signal controls a few years ago and it works great! I just tried to order another one for another car and found out the owner/founder, Greg, unfortunately passed away. It is not clear when or if I will be able to order another one. Is anyone aware of an alternative control or better yet willing to sell their spare?
for ref
http://www.turnswitch.com/Turnsignal.htm
thanks
steve in cincinnati
feynmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:04 AM   #2
RB_Nielsen

Default Re: Electro Tech Turn Signal Control

I would give them a call first. I have had my Electro Tech turn signal installed for several years without fail. I've also had problems with wiring that they helped solve. I also sent my control unit back to have it reprogrammed ($25) for the new ability to sense the turn motion in order to shut off the blinker. Long story short, there were other individuals I talked to at ET over the years so my belief is it is not a one-pony shop.
RB_Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:31 AM   #3
feynmanfan

Thanks RB. You're right, I'll try to learn more and hopefully secure a control. As I've learned more about the other available controls on the market and they require a bit too much "thinking" on my part to cancel. ie, push and hold one of two momentary switches for x seconds to do this, xx seconds to do that. The ET controls ability to sense the turn after input from any type of "switch input" is the way to go. I'll update as I learn more to help others.
feynmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:12 AM   #4
Dave in MN

I have been using an Electro Tech module in my '29 Phaeton for over 20 years and have had no issues with it. About 8 years ago, I traded in my early design module for the latest model and found Greg was very helpful and a perfect gentleman. I am sorry to hear he has passed. I am/was planning to purchase a third system from him this summer for a project I have in mind. They are easy to install and the self-canceling feature is well worth the investment.
Good Day!
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 09:35 PM   #5
1crosscut

I have their turn signal set up in my AA truck. A few years after I purchased it I started to have some troubles with it. I sent it back to them and they repaired it quickly and for no cost. Way past the warranty period. Good company, good people, good product.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:32 AM   #6
mdsbob

Home page on the website has the following message posted:

"The Business is currently in transition please stay tuned for more information"
mdsbob is offline   Reply With Quote