Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2024, 03:36 AM   #1
Brian

Default uncanny stories

A couple of uncanny but true stories...a few years back, one day I ran outta gas in my trusty old 35...I left it parked on the side of the highway, and set off to fill a fuel container...upon returning to the car, I noticed a hubcap was missing, obviously been stolen during my absence. My friend who was with me was most brassed off about this, "Don't worry", I said, "it'll come home"....
Some weeks later, the car was parked in the local township. I returned to the car, and there was a Maori [native NZer] standing by my car. "This your car?" he asked..."Yes" I replied. "Did some bugger pinch your hubcap?" he asked. "Yeah" I replied..."Sorry man, that was me, if you come over to my place I'll give it back". He had a fresh scar down his left hand temple; he'd recently got outta hospital after having an operation. Now, I dunno if he'd had a near death experience or what, but he'd definitely turned a new leaf. I went to his place a few days later, he lived on the other side of the harbour, necessitating catching a vehicular ferry and a bit of a drive to his remote abode, but he ended up giving me a bit of other flathead stuff as well as my hubcap. My hubcap indeed came home.
30 years ago, a friend of mine bought a 39 Mercury sedan. He'd had it 3 days, and took it to Masterton, the town where I live. Now, when he bought this car, it was missing the 'MERCURY' emblem on the trunk lid. Upon exiting the car in Masterton, he looked down, and embedded in the asphalt, was a 39 MERCURY emblem. Had obviously been there a while, it was deeply embedded. My mate worked away at it and retrieved it intact. How long had it been there? who knows...but obviously it was meant to be that my mate found it!
Funny how stuff has a way of returning to where it belongs....
Who else has had similar experiences?