Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-11-2023, 02:06 PM   #1
old school rodder

Default 1949 Mercury M47 Pickup

City: eau claire
State: WI
Price: $18,500

Just finished this last August, really fun truck to drive. Lots of new parts, I'll run thru a short list. Contact me to discuss details.

All original body, other than new wood in the bed. brand new glass, new professionally reupholstered seat, new gauges, new wipers, new wiring to 12 volt. All the gauges work as they should, currently 1700 miles on the truck, its was my daily driver until tucked in for the winter. New brake system including dual master cylinder, new brake lines throughout, front disc brakes, rear brakes all new , stops really well. I added shoulder/lap belts, didn't feel right without belts. easily removed if you didn't want the look. Also added a new rear bumper last fall, gives a finished look.

Rebuilt flathead includes a 4" Mercury crank, bored to 276 c.i., Max-1 cam, adjustable lifters, Sharp 4 barrel intake runs very well, lots of fun, i can give you the build details. Connected to a T5 overdrive 5 speed transmission. Truck runs too cold, normal operating temp is around 160 degrees, i plan to put in higher thermostats. New Coker radial tires, comes with an additional set of Mercury rims that came with the truck that are all freshly painted to match. Includes the original hub caps, plus i have a complete set of stainless trim that goes with the truck. that trim is really hard to find, a nice addition.

contact me with your questions, easier to discuss than type.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg merc 1.jpg (40.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg merc 2.jpg (42.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg merc 3.jpg (47.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg merc 4.jpg (49.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Merc 5.jpg (78.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg merc 6.jpg (54.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg merc 7.jpg (51.8 KB, 17 views)
old school rodder is offline   Reply With Quote