Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #21
GB SISSON

Default Re: My old red tonner on a music video.

Thanks guys. It was a fun project.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:57 AM   #22
cas3

thanks GB, good show, cool truck. all was good until the darn insect swarm at the end, reminded me of summer here in the swamp when you can't go outside for a couple months without loosing a quart of blood
cas3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #23
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
thanks GB, good show, cool truck. all was good until the darn insect swarm at the end, reminded me of summer here in the swamp when you can't go outside for a couple months without loosing a quart of blood
They might have looked like mosquitos, but just some kind of non-biting insect we see sometimes in late summer. We have no biting insects here. Maybe if you lived by a swamp or had a lot of old tires laying around you might get mosquitos. My property here on the side of Mt. Pickett is too steep for standing water. I have no window screens on my house. Also the woman at the end of the video is the boy's mom. The dad was playing with the group. Both parents are doctors here.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 02-10-2021, 11:54 AM   #24
'36 5W

Dang; gives this old fart a new appreciation (and hope) for the
new generation! A beautiful production!
'36 5W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:47 PM   #25
JSeery
Member Emeritus

I have John Prine on Pandora every day, love his music!
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:08 PM   #26
Art Newland

Very nice, nothing beats home-made music and your old truck is fine too. A couple of years ago a professional photographer asked to use my F1 as a backdrop for Christmas pictures. It spent a whole day with families posing in-and around it. Everyone loved it and so did I.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:19 PM   #27
GB SISSON

It's kinda fun to be appreciated with all our toils. Laying on our back in the gravel or concrete, banging on stuff while crap falls in our eyes, not to mention the skinned knuckles. Sheesh, golfers and yachters certainly don't suffer the way we do. But then again, we don't have to wear those stupid clothes. OH, and Art, don't forget to look me up next August at the big Lynden Gas/ steam/tractor/threshing meet. I am the guy near the big Atlas engine with an old cotton American flag waving above my setup. Can't miss it.

Last edited by GB SISSON; 02-10-2021 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:37 PM   #28
cas3

GB, my dad thought i would make a good golfer, but instead i could usually be found trying to rig up a lawn mower engine on some home made cart, or fixin a bicycle i drug home from the dump. Remember dumps? man, those were the good old days. no wonder kids today aint got a clue of mechanical things, they have no dump for an education
Old 02-11-2021, 12:00 AM   #29
Art Newland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
OH, and Art, don't forget to look me up next August at the big Lynden Gas/ steam/tractor/threshing meet. I am the guy near the big Atlas engine with an old cotton American flag waving above my setup. Can't miss it.
Sure missed the steam show last year, hope to see you there this August.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:02 AM   #30
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
GB, my dad thought i would make a good golfer, but instead i could usually be found trying to rig up a lawn mower engine on some home made cart, or fixin a bicycle i drug home from the dump. Remember dumps? man, those were the good old days. no wonder kids today aint got a clue of mechanical things, they have no dump for an education
My dad golfed a little bit because he sold insurance and that's where the money guys hung out... He did have a small sailboat in the later years. but when he raced it against his friends in town, he was always a bit annoyed when I would show up to help him win on Saturdays wearing my greasy jeans and work boots with caked mud falling off. I was the go kart king of my 'hood. I even built a 12' boat with a 2 1/2 hp briggs as an inboard. The briggs came off a compressor when the gas station owner switched to electric. Who was your mom? We seem an awful lot like brothers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clam.jpg (53.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg clam 2.jpg (56.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 02-11-2021 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:13 AM   #31
cas3

"we seem to be an awful lot like brothers" thats a true compliment coming from you GB, made my day, best wishes, happy motoring, skip
Old 02-11-2021, 01:27 AM   #32
GB SISSON

And 'motoring' is what we do best....
Old 02-11-2021, 07:05 AM   #33
PeteVS

Losing track of things here. Is the red tanner the Cummins project?
Old 02-11-2021, 07:22 AM   #34
sunshine

What a great song and talent .I drove my 47 pkp. Past the camera for two days for a movie . When it came out all you saw of my truck was one flash by . What a great video and song . I hope they have some success . We
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:38 PM   #35
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteVS View Post
Losing track of things here. Is the red tanner the Cummins project?
Yes, it's the truck from my 'what in tarnation' thread. Cummins 6at 120 hp.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:47 PM   #36
Joe Immler

GEE GB That is very,very nice and soothing. Thank you !!
Joe Immler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:45 PM   #37
Bill

Just replayed the video. I'm sure those brothers could do a helluva job on any Simon and Garfunkel tune. Just sayin'.. B.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:24 PM   #38
pistonbroke

My first ford was a 42 half ton x military. My bother and I drove the wheels off that truck. Orcas is our summer get away on our sailboat. Great video! Thanks for sharing
pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:26 PM   #39
Randall

Enjoyed the video GB here's one my 52 and 68 Mustang used last summer, band is a friend of my son, I'm driving truck and my son the Mustang, hope you enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDoXfLf0zec and one pf my son Spencer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRbNeMfGCk

Last edited by Randall; 02-12-2021 at 09:46 PM.
Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:44 PM   #40
Zeke3

Thanks Randall, I enjoyed that.
Zeke3 is offline   Reply With Quote