Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
35 coupe

Default Mac's shipping, poor performance.

I placed another order last week,(100.00) was told shipping behind a little, asked if I would like rush shipping for additional fee, and would have my order by Tues, maybe Monday, so I agreed. Just called today (TUESDAY) when I didn't get my order, and found out it was not even boxed yet, they are 4 -5 days behind. Turns out, I was told the RUSH fee was never put on, but I had the total with the RUSH fee added, given to me by the person taking the order. Might be time to buy elsewhere. That is twice I had to call in a month's time.
35 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Jason in TX

Default Re: Mac's shipping, poor performance.

Had a friend who ordered some parts from Macs at regular price, and then realized a couple days later that he needed a few more parts. He ordered the rush on the second order so that they would arrive around the same time, but the rush order wound up taking much longer than the regular order.

Kind of like buying that extended warranty that doesn't cover anything.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Firepower flyer

I haven't ordered from Macs before so no first hand experience.I did place two orders with Dennis Carpenter last week for my 50 F1 and both times they had everything in stock and they both came fast.I remember when they showed up thinking that was quick.
Firepower flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Jake

Placed an order from MAC's yesterday and since the order was under $20.00 they added an extra $2.00, even though the shipping was already $7.00 . When questioned the reply was " thats just our company policy" . So for a $7.00 part it cost me $16.00. To bad I coulden't find the part elsewhere.

I have mistakes I haven't even used yet!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
35 coupe

I guess you have to order,,, wait 4-5 days and call them to remind them you ordered something.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Jason in TX

Jake.. A lot of times, Mac's sells parts made by another company. I needed a pedal shaft that Macs said would be a 2+ week back order part. I then hung up and called JobLot and they said, "Yeah. We make those for Mac's. I have a box full of them. I'll send it out today."
Same part, but less. Cheaper shipping, a parts guy on the phone that knew the exact application, rather than just reading the same description that is in the catalogue, and shipped that same day.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
35 coupe

When they have the items in stock, it should not take 4,5,6 days to box it up, especially when they tell you once they put the order in they can't add or change anything. It seems they should be able to add or change that order for Days before it ships. Maybe the same person takes the order, finds the merchandise, puts it in a box, then ships it. I guess if you add that up, thats 4 days.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
ford1

its nice you guys take the time to tell us your experiences with Macs, and to warn about there lack of customer service, BUT, it would probably go a lot farther getting those problems solved, if you would email, call or fax your complaints to the company, tell them about the rude or uninformed order takers, the over charged shipping and there ridulous add on fees for small orders, tell them like i did, i sent a message to the company that i was not going to order the parts i needed from them, a little over $700 worth after reading all the horror stories on here, bad publicity is all some company understand
ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
TonyM

I have nothing but good experience with MAC's.

LeBaron Boney sent me the wrong item recently. It was because the order taker did not read my order back to me. Had she done this, the mistake could have been avoided.

I am still waiting for my replacement from LB.

TM
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
jack orchard

just placed another order w/Macs 2 weeks ago. got parts in 8 days. for me that is just fine...jack
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
Forever In Stone

Default Re: Mac's shipping, poor!

I live less than 125 miles from Mac's. It was 3 days before they ever shipped my items. They need to get there s**t together. Not happy in New York!
Forever In Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
1931 flamingo

I think I got another email from them today offering FREE shipping, might be why they're backed up. I don't buy there anymore for other reasons. had an email about week and a half ago that my new catalog was in the mail, still haven't received it yet.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
jkeesey

I placed an order with them last Tuesday and received it today, I don't know if there's a difference with being a retailer or not. I have never had a single problem with them. I ordered a rebuilt generator for a 42 sedan and they said they were on backorder for an unknown period of time. I asked them to let me know when they were available and they called last Monday they had them and could ship received it yesterday.
jkeesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
cmbrucew

I placed an order Monday March 6, paid the $3.50 fee, and received today March 13 in Ca.

Bruce

Works good
Lasts long time
cmbrucew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
Ralph Moore

Just ordered parts last Monday (with $3.50 rush fee) and got them yesterday. Five working days to Alaska is not bad. I'm satisfied with their service.
Ralph Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
Jason in TX

One thing I find amazing; I just ordered a couple small bolts and things at around $20 from Macs to see what would happen. I called in person to ensure that they had every piece in stock. At the end of the call, they said it would be 3-5 business days for my order to be "processed" and then 5-7 business days to arrive.

I then went to Speedway and ordered ONLINE, without having to call someone, my higher dollar items such as stainless steel flathead hoses, some brake parts. I get an email 1 hour later saying, "Your order has been shipped." WOW!

I even tried putting a T-Spring in my shopping cart and immediately got a prompt on my screen that said, "We are sorry that we are out of stock on this item. You can order and hold your package until it comes in, or not order now, and we will send you an email when it comes in." Wow again! They will let me know when the part arrives, rather than having to call back every week?

The unfortunate thing for Mac's is that we are all buying from multiple vendors, so we are seeing how it works at other places.

Good job to speedway.

Last edited by Jason in TX; 03-22-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #17
flatjack9

If I order from Speedway before 3PM, it is on my doorstep at noon the next day.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
Kahuna

Tuesday afternoon I ordered an O2 sensor kit from Summit Racing in Ohio. I got it this afternoon. Damn good service. No $3.50 rush fee, either
Jim
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
jaxV8carz

I use their catalog for reference and order only when its a last resort. They seem to try to make doing business with them extremely difficult.
jaxV8carz is offline   Reply With Quote