Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
JoeNSteph

Default 1929 Tudor tail light dilemma

My 1929 Tudor (supposed to be Dec model) has drum tail lights mounted to the body. Wanting to change over to the tea lights, and use the same bracket. Is this possible without making it look rigged? I've read up on this a bit and from what i'm understanding the drum lights would not be original to the car anyway. Not really wanting to drill holes in the fender and go that direction. Any input? I'm wondering now if it's a late model or not.
JoeNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: 1929 Tudor tail light dilemma

Is the parking brake handle located in front of the gear shift lever, or is it on the right side of it? Do the mounting holes for the taillight have factory D nuts, or are they home drilled?
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
JoeNSteph

The parking brake is to the right of the gear shift. And now that I look closer i can tell these mounting brackets on the apron are not original, one of them is even a little crooked. I just bought this car a few weeks ago and i've been trying to make a few changes to make sure i'm gonna be ok on the road. Any suggestions on these tail lights? As you can tell i'm new to the Model A world, but so far enjoying it. I didn't realize there would be so many little issues, but thats what makes it fun.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
2manycars

Sounds like someone added the early tail light to your late 29 tudor. If you want correct, the tea cup light can be put on the fender bracket where it belongs. Some folks add on on the right to make dual tail lamps and turn signals.
2manycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Tom Wesenberg

I guess I'd drill the fenders for the correct mount and light. Your other option is to make some kind of mount to add to the home drilled holes.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
JoeNSteph

Thanks guys! I guess now i need to decide which way to go. I hate to drill holes in fenders but i'm not sure how good it's going to look making a mount for the license plate brackets. I'm not stuck on staying original, just want it to look nice. I do prefer the look of the tea cup over the drum and the drums that are on it now could stand to be replaced. I appreciate the input and i'm sure i'll have more questions for you guys.