Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-22-2020, 08:35 PM   #21
Mike A Model

Default Re: Brassworks radiators

I have purchased two radiators from Brassworks, one for my1928 Roadster and another for my 1930 AV8. I am very pleased with their performance and reliability, money well spent.
Mike A Model is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:48 PM   #22
35fordtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard crow View Post
i know i will get a lot of flack but you can get a alum. rad for under 200 that works great a lot of us can,t aford 8,000 rebuilds 1,300 rads 12,000 paint jobs but you can build a fun car for a lot less then a trailor queen & drive the wheels off it & park it any where
While that’s true as I have a $140 aluminum radiator in my 40, on the 33-36 fords there is not to my knowledge a aluminum radiator that even fits remotely close for a flathead engine much less for $200.. and on a 33/36 the radiator dictates where the hood and grille align so they have to be spot on. We tried a 650 dollar aluminum griffin radiator in a 36 coupe once. What a joke the grille and hood never would line up.

My little pickup in the first photos of this thread has been done on a very tight budget and it killed me to spend that much on a radiator but it needed it. I have three times more in the radiator than in the paint job ( I painted it myself with a el cheapo gun in my backyard). In the end after seeing the craftsmanship it was worth it. I have used brassworks twice before but those were 32 radiators which are quite simple in comparison
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 12-22-2020, 10:15 PM   #23
CA Victoria

Well said 35fordtn, most of us share that frugal side. the other side of the equation is that good used radiators are rare & they all have a life span. My BW radiator allows the little Tudor to be a daily driver.