Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
bigddutchman

Default does anyone know?

I keep reading that Ford made the 1935 five window coupe available with standard and deluxe trim packages. I have not been able to learn what upgrades made up the deluxe trim package. The best that my search has produced is that the deluxe trim package maybe had two horns and two tail lights, as opposed to just one of each. Is this correct? Were there other features of the deluxe trim package? Did the deluxe trim package have a number of options, i.e., not a single set of options? How did the availability of a radio or two windshield wipers or a defroster or a vanity mirror relate to the offered deluxe trim package?
Thanks for any definitive answer that anyone provides.
bigddutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
ford38v8

Default Re: does anyone know?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Dutch, you are correct, the DeLuxe trim package included those options and more. The DeLuxe Ford came from the factory with those options. The Ford V8, as it was designated, was the standard model Ford. Most options were also available from the dealership individually, for service replacement and as optional equipment for the Ford V8. Then as now, optional equipment has always been a gold mine for dealers to improve their profit margins over the base price of a car. More information can be had from the 1935-36 Ford Book, published by the EFV8CA.