Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
BorisK

Default 1955 F100 239 Carb/Dist Upgrade

I am new to the forum and was hoping to get a little guidance. I've searched around and haven't found the information I was looking for.

I inherited a 1955 F100 about a year ago. The engine had been rebuilt and then it sat for about 10 years before the owner decided he wanted it out of the driveway. I carefully worked to get the engine running again in an effort to minimize damage to the rebuilt engine. To make a long story short the engine is running relatively well and the truck is road worthy. Even though I rebuilt the carburetor, there is enough slop in the linkages that the carburetor doesn't seem to be robust enough for how I want the engine to run. The carburetor will pop during acceleration and just doesn't work as smooth as I would like. The linkage pin that connects to the accelerator pump piston is worn and won't stay in. At this point I want to keep the truck as close to stock as possible and use it occasionally to drive around.

Here are the questions I have. I'd like to install a new carburetor that is similar to the stock carburetor. I would also like to replace the stock distributor with a distributor that is easier to adjust and doesn't have vacuum advance. I've found a couple of distributors. This is the less expensive distributor option. The company says it is a direct replacement for my distributor.

Carburetor Stamps: Ford ECG
Distributor: Ford Load-A-Matic with vacuum advance off the Carburetor
Engine EBV 9425-D (239 V8 Y-Block)

Hope that covers it. Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Pretty sure I got an image uploaded. Original color was Aquamarine, someday it will be back to the original color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1955 F100 239.jpg (197.8 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by BorisK; 08-25-2020 at 09:48 AM.
BorisK is offline   Reply With Quote