Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #41
51504bat

Default Re: What's up with Macs/Ecklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRA View Post
Macs has been a problem long before COVID. There are years worth of complaints across the car hobby. They have turned into an absolute joke. Incomplete orders, missing items, excessive inflated shipping. Impossible to get on the phone, emails with no response. Far too many good vendors, with good communication and customer service. I will no longer give Macs any of my business.

I think WRA hit it on the head. I have in the past purchased from Mac's but only as a last resort. Will I ever use them in the future? Hard to say and I won't say never but as stated above there are Far too many good vendors, with good communication and customer service who will get my business first. JMO
Old 09-27-2021, 05:28 PM   #42
Jeff/Illinois

As Brent said, 'a different mind set today' regarding the people in the work force. That is quite true.

And it didn't need to be that way. It was all by design. Planned to happen this way.

I'll say no more I think you can understand.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-28-2021, 04:33 AM   #43
PepeLoco

This thread is getting toxic.
PepeLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:19 AM   #44
JKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
Every time we publicly criticize or trash a vendor we progress one step closer to them locking their doors forever! This does harm to our entire hobby. Our hobby is already in trouble. We don’t need our own members causing us unrepairable harm. Think about it !
I don't look at this as a criticism or trashing. I look at it as a warning. I've had the same issue with them as others. I order, they take my money for the entire order then they do a partial shipment and keep the balance of funds with no idea when the remainder of the order I have paid for will ship. There are enough vendors who are responsive to your orders to not have to deal with this practice.

My brother ordered, then called and had them add a part before it shipped. You guessed it, he got both parts in the same box and got charged for two shipments. Calls to get the extra shipping charge reversed went unanswered.

Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me!
JKY is offline   Reply With Quote