Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #21
Dusty

Default Re: For your viewing pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by green30coupe View Post
Dusty, I assure you Monday will not be your last day at work. Like many of us ol' retirees, you will probably wonder how you ever had enough time to do all the things that need to be done. It may be difficult to adjust to the fact that it doesn't all have to be accomplished on the weekend, but remember.....when you're retired its all weekend.
Best wishes in this next stage of your life and thanks for sharing that great picture!

Ed
Thanks and that's what I have figured out in the 3 weeks off before my last day(long story) I work at it awhile and take numerous breaks Its nice to understand what I don't get done today I can get tomorrow. An ole timer told me years ago that by the yard its hard by the inch its a cinch. I now understand what he meant

dusty
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #22
Geo. H

I retired at age 61 back in Jan '95. The time has gone waaaaay too fast. Now father time is pickin' my pocket. I'm selling one car now, and the other . . .
Unfortunately the faster you enjoy it the quicker it ends. Good luck
Geo. H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #23
Greg Jones

Dusty-

Come on down to the Augusta, Georgia area. Home of the Shadetree A's Model A club, of which I have the honor of being Vice President (although not contributing much since I am working in Scotland). Lots of good Model A folks in the Augusta region. Don Turley, a regular contributor to this forum, is a member.

Here's our website:
http://www.shadetreeas.org/
Greg Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #24
Donvito

Great picture. It could be on a calendar. Enjoy your extended vacation. Every day is Saturday!
Mike
Donvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #25
Rock Hornbuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlegend View Post
Thanks for posting Dusty. Wish it was close to me. I am looking for a back ground like that to get a picture with my beater farm truck. As Jeff pointed out. Get out and enjoy retirement. It goes very, very, fast. I retired in Oct. 03 and it will be ten years soon. 66 here and so much to do and so little time. Good luck to you. Mark.
Mark, copy the pic to your computer, then photo-shop your vehicle into the pic.
'14 100th Anniversary Challenger Limited Edition.

Semper Fidelis
Rock Hornbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
zzlegend

Thanks Rock. I will give that a try. Or maybe my wife will try since i am not real computor savy. I enjoy your post. Thanks again, Mark.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #27
Mitch//pa
BANNED

congrats dusty
best of luck
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #28
Super88

Great photo.
It's been almost five years since I've retired and the one thing that never fails to amaze me is that I've never have felt like I've gained any time in my day, but it sure beats working. Enjoy.
Super88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
400A-64

I managed my time and a crews time for several years......then I retired ( 25 years ago !!) I cant manage my time worth a darn !! Time goes by too fast in retirement to get anything done!!!
Bruce Davis
400A-64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #30
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400A-64 View Post
I managed my time and a crews time for several years......then I retired ( 25 years ago !!) I cant manage my time worth a darn !! Time goes by too fast in retirement to get anything done!!!
Bruce Davis
Gotcha' covered, Bruce, Ol' Bill & I gots lots of TIME, wanna' BUY ($$$$) some? Buster T.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #31
Dusty

Thanks to all for your comments, I finished my last day today and now enter the never before tested(at least for me) part of my life that I have looked forward to for years. It will be strange to say the least and I'm sure that all who have past before me(no pun intended) felt the same way. I know from talking to others that the time will pass way to fast but its more in my mind about enjoying the time that is left and not necessarily about always getting something done.

I understand the need to be busy but I also believe it should be more about what you like and enjoy doing than it is about the next chore to complete. I really don't know how this will all workout for me but if it is at least 25% of how I imagined it to be than that will be fine.

Greg Jones, I know all about Model A club in Augusta, I have read many months of their news letter as it is online...I enjoy what they have to report a lot. We are looking at Augusta the area around Augusta as well as Aikin! I'm still leaning toward Statesboro though. It is the home of Georgia Southern University and is very much like Morgantown, WV as it was in the 60s. It is a small big town so to speak, housing is very reasonable, close to the beach and far enough from the in-laws to make it comfortable

If the health holds I believe this is going to be fun, Got to go as I have a few things left to complete on the "A" and I got to get them done by Tomorrow...no wait maybe I can get them done the next day, or the next, or the next

Kickin back in WV

dusty

Last edited by Dusty; 04-15-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:58 AM   #32
BILL WILLIAMSON

Dusty, welcome to the laid back world. What helped me was to NOT talk about retirement & dwell on it & just do stuff you really enjoy. You'll find that you get to be a master at inefficiency & that's good, 'cause you're NOT in a hurry anyhow. When you think of the old job, just say, "Been there, done that, life is GOOD"!! Bill W.