Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Tomorrow the touring season starts

Pretty darned excited for tomorrow. It's going to be the first tour of the season for the club Hopefully we'll have a good turnout. I've been tuning, cleaning and repairing my '26 all spring to get ready for this day. The poor thing hasn't had any maintenance done to it for at least 25 years and probably closer to 35 years. What work that has been done in the past was done with poor material and many times was just kind of cobbled together to kind of keep it on the road. I know I haven't corrected every issue the thing has but I believe everything that would stop me has been corrected and all that's really needed now is to make it prettier. If it can make it through the summer without any major breakdowns I'll be able to tear it down next winter and go through the transmission and magneto. I'll check bearing clearances and re-ring it and hopefully rebuild the rearend. Then it should be cosmetic from there. At any rate after tomorrow barring a breakdown I'll be onto the '21.

So for everyone that's going touring this weekend I wish you all have trouble free trips and very enjoyable times. Make sure you bring good food for the potluck and please stay sober. Have patience with the other guys on the road and help out where you can. God bless everyone and happy motoring.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
[email protected]

Default Re: Tomorrow the touring season starts

The day has finally arrived. One more quick shot of Windsor and I'm on my way. Oh hell, I think I'll have a double shot. Skip that I'll just bring the bottle with me. I sure hope we all have a great time. Oh yeah, I almost forgot my handguns. Yee Haw!!!
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote