Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-27-2020, 02:36 PM   #41
CHuDWah

Default Re: This AWFUL Bug...Explained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj's junkers View Post
If the government mandates I have to stay 6 feet away from someone then I'm going home and lock myself in the bathroom as I don;t like most people that well to get that close.

CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #42
CHuDWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
And of course....women and children first

Ummm...children aren't boomers
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #43
Graeme / New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I'm happy to provide any help I can . I don't have all the answers but am probably better informed regards the medical issues around the illness than most on here.

There is lots of misinformation circulating out there . The latest we have run across is that asthma patients should have a pack of Steroids (Prednisone or Prednisolone ) and Antibiotics to take if they get COVID - We know that Antibiotics don't work on COVID and Prednisone use results in worse outcomes. If I don't know something I can probably find it out easier as well. Just PM if you wish -hopefully that will keep the sphincter police happy. Keep on posting about V8's - Connecting with you guys is keeping me sane in, for me, an increasingly insane world -Karl
Thanks Doctor.

GB

"You're a long time looking at the lid"
Graeme / New Zealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:59 AM   #44
ford38v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce5wndw View Post
I didn't read the original post but would just like to add one thing: SAVE THE BOOMERS!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me...? The Silent Generation.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:01 AM   #45
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldford2 View Post
Well, I see where this post is headed. Not here I hope. Go to Facebook with your comments. I come to Fordbarn to quiet my mind from the world problems.
Maybe Ryan will step in.
oldford2,
where is it headed ??

Ryan is a young strong man, but as a man, he is not beyond reach of a world pandemic...you think ?

I'm one of the white haired people that cannot afford ignorance on top of being old, regarding this pandemic.

How about giving a little slack to someone who just may help us all here with his posted knowledge/concerns ??

Just walk on by if some thread subject irritates upsets your senses,eh..
This is no BS subject to be taken lightly.. I think that Ryan will agree.

Last edited by hardtimes; 03-28-2020 at 01:02 AM. Reason: ......
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:16 AM   #46
tubman

There are almost an infinite number of internet sites where you can discuss pandemics, religion, and politics or whatever you feel like. This is not one of them. This is an early Ford site. Some of us come here for that and really don't want to sort through the extraneous crap to get to what we want. We may even be here to get away from it, if only for a while.

Please have your off topic discussions elsewhere.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:27 AM   #47
ford38v8

OK, to put some Ford related content back into the conversation, (and Chev/Buick/Dodge/Studebaker/Pontiac/AMC/GMC/Lincoln/Cadillac/Desoto/Mercury and all the rest), take a look at the empty streets and highways these days. Look at the bridges and the overpasses and the parking lots. Look at the Downtowns and the Uptowns and the neighborhood shopping districts. From my perspective, I haven't seen such a sight since Sunday afternoons in 1948. Come to think of it, I didn't see it then either, because I was home setting the table for Sunday dinner, usually Chicken and Dumplings with home made bread and real butter. Nobody on the streets, all at home, family time, with Amos & Andy on the radio, and after dinner, turn on the TV to stare at the Test Pattern before Uncle Miltie.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #48
Tinker

Dr. Fauci interview. Wonder if he drives a Ford?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A3jiM2FNR8

Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #49
Ol' Ron

I agree with Tubman, take it someplace else!!!
Gramps
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #50
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
I agree with Tubman, take it someplace else!!!
Gramps
I do not agree with Ol Ron or Tubman on this.

Why can't the two of you just walk on by so to speak?

This is an unusual and scary time for all of us.

Coopman provided factual information that was not political or inflammatory.

Heck, even the title stated it had nothing to with flatheads.

I guess in the end we'll never know since Coopman took it down and Ryan hasn't weighed in.

I guess we can all carry on at this point since the point is moot.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #51
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
I do not agree with Ol Ron or Tubman on this.

Why can't the two of you just walk on by so to speak?

This is an unusual and scary time for all of us.

Coopman provided factual information that was not political or inflammatory.

Heck, even the title stated it had nothing to with flatheads.

I guess in the end we'll never know since Coopman took it down and Ryan hasn't weighed in.

I guess we can all carry on at this point since the point is moot.
I agree with you. I did in fact see the post and it was helpful.
Why is there post after post about some Bud Girls that are young enough to be your grand daughters on here but we can't have one that may help us in this trying time?
What do Bud Girls have to do with old Fords?
Old 03-29-2020, 12:17 PM   #52
tubman

We didn't say don't do it; just not here. You can piss in the kitchen sink, but reasonable people just don't do it.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #53
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
We didn't say don't do it; just not here. You can piss in the kitchen sink, but reasonable people just don't do it.
Reasonable? C'mon, dude. Don't double down.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #54
Randy in ca

Funny that people who see threads like this as a complete waste of time keep coming back!!!
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:00 PM   #55
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy in ca View Post
Funny that people who see threads like this as a complete waste of time keep coming back!!!
Great point, Randy. I've said my peace, so I'm moving on. Thanks for the reality check.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #56
V8COOPMAN

If any of y'all care to do just a little bit of simple snooping over on the H.A.M.B (like I did this morning), it isn't hard to find at least three threads started by Mr.Ryan Cochran hisself concerning THIS pandemic. On top of that, I found one 3-page thread started by one of the well-known H.A.M.B. MODERATORS that contains posts on the subject that run the gamut from serious cognizance all the way down to ludicrous absurdity. SOME folks get it...these are unprecedented times we're in here, girls and men. For anyone among us that continues to believe that nobody on the FordBarn wants this shit discussed here, my PM box exploded Friday with requests from I don't know how many guys who missed it before I took it down, asking if I would please send them a copy. There were even a few more stragglers yesterday. I accommodated every last request! Roger and out! Dick D (DD)

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:28 PM   #57
zzlegend

I think Gabby says it best. And i think owned a ford covered wagon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYY3SWU7QZk
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #58
hardtimes

Thanks friend, Dick, from all of us that missed your help on the first round !!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:50 AM   #59
Tinker

and still it's never been re-posted will all the verification. It's not a secret. Nor should it be.... less it needs to be...

Hamb...
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...lease.1188186/

be safe! and take care!!!.

Last edited by Tinker; 03-30-2020 at 01:57 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:55 AM   #60
mike in tucson

Johns Hopkins University Sent this excellent summary:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

*HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees F) for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates).
24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic).
But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
mike in tucson is offline   Reply With Quote