Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-28-2020, 06:44 AM   #1
jdfinch22

Default need help late 31 steel top pickup

as the title states need help with a late 31 indented firewall steel top pickup.

when my uncle had this in the 60's the replaced the bottom of the cab the whole way around loosing the curve at the bottom. can someone supply pictures of the bottom of the cowl, i need detail of how that curve terminates near the stainless strap and firewall. also i got the sear riser for the that all the suppliers show but it doesn't have the panel across the back did i get the wrong one all the pictures i see shows one that the seat back boards bolt to.
jdfinch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Bob C

Default Re: need help late 31 steel top pickup

This is the one you should have. https://modelastore.com/sheet-metal?product_id=5510
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5510-600x800.jpg (21.0 KB, 48 views)
Bob C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 01:49 PM   #3
Razkid

Do these help you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PU Cab1.jpg (24.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg PU Cab2.jpg (29.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg PU Cab 3.jpg (25.7 KB, 60 views)
Razkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
1930-Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfinch22 View Post
as the title states need help with a late 31 indented firewall steel top pickup.

when my uncle had this in the 60's the replaced the bottom of the cab the whole way around loosing the curve at the bottom. can someone supply pictures of the bottom of the cowl, i need detail of how that curve terminates near the stainless strap and firewall. also i got the sear riser for the that all the suppliers show but it doesn't have the panel across the back did i get the wrong one all the pictures i see shows one that the seat back boards bolt to.
A 'steel top' or 'indented firewall' have no bearing on your questions. Any mid-1930 to 1931 pickup will be a good analog.

My late-1930 pickup does not have a steel panel behind the seat back, other than the cab body itself (which does not touch the seat springs). There are some wood slats that support the seat back spring. Bob C posted a photo of the seat riser, and that one looks right.

BTW: The pickups used a painted high carbon steel cowl band. The stainless versions were used on cars, and very rare deluxe commercial vehicles. For many decades it was VERY common for folks to put car stainless cowl bands, and car stainless headlight buckets, and car stainless radiator shells, and car stainless tail light buckets on the trucks.

Last edited by 1930-Pickup; 08-28-2020 at 03:37 PM.
1930-Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #5
1930-Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfinch22 View Post

Seat area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 2.jpg (68.2 KB, 52 views)
Old 08-30-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
Razkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930-Pickup View Post
A
BTW: The pickups used a painted high carbon steel cowl band. The stainless versions were used on cars, and very rare deluxe commercial vehicles. For many decades it was VERY common for folks to put car stainless cowl bands, and car stainless headlight buckets, and car stainless radiator shells, and car stainless tail light buckets on the trucks.
It still is common!
Razkid is offline   Reply With Quote