Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #1
t-head

Default Neat Model A Era Period Photos of a Tire Co. Gas Station and Model A Truck

[B]The Taylor Tire Company – Service During Tough Times: The Taylor Tire Company of Lexington, Kentucky opened this new facility seen above, during the trying times at the beginning the Great Depression on November 15, 1930.

If you have not been by The Old Motor recently stop by and see our new easy to use format and over 11,000 photos, most of them from pre-WWII era like this feature of The Taylor Tire Company that includes three more interesting photos at The Old Motor .com

Last edited by t-head; 10-24-2014 at 06:15 AM.
t-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
DougVieyra

Default "Goodrich Silvertown" truck uses Firestone tires

It is fun to note in examining the photo of the 1928 Ford "Goodrich Silvertown" delivery pick-up, that the Ford uses (most likely original issue) FIRESTONE tires. A bit of a contradiction from a observational stand point - but fun to note.

It is also interesting to note that this truck has 'been around the block' a few times, from the looks of its front fender, smashed horn and missing hubcap.

Doug Vieyra
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
mass A man

Default Re: Neat Model A Era Period Photos of a Tire Co. Gas Station and Model A Truck

Yes, these photo's are fun to examine. I spot two Buicks at station; a '30 sedan behind the Chevy pickup & a big series '29 phaeton out front. The photo of the '28 Ford pickup surprised me that it is kinda beat up for only being somewhere around 10 years old or less, I believe. It's still using the metal tire tube stems, and what the heck happened to that horn??
mass A man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
ericr

Default Re: Neat Model A Era Period Photos of a Tire Co. Gas Station and Model A Truck

in addition to looking at the cars, take a look at the neat brick building the tire company built.....
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
BlueSunoco

I too thought 'what an expensive building' to build!!! Neat!!!

Tried to buy a Pepper Gasoline globe about ten years ago at an auction, I got blown out of the water! Didn't even get my hand in the air, it went for a lot of money.
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote