Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 04:25 AM   #1
Oldbluoval

Default Shipping ....again

I know this has been beaten on repeatedly but here I go again
If it starts with a “U” it sucks of late USPO /UPS
Post office lost last two smalls I sent...sent right after Christmas to CA still MIA
Just a sidebar, on home delivery of mail, at least 2-3 times a week we re-sort or get re-sorted mail from neighbors where mistakes in delivery have occurred. Last week a neighbor called and had a check addressed to me which was sizable. Maybe they will sell the post office but to whom?!
Yesterday, one of my commercial customers was having something picked up from me as a return. Ups picked up a FedEx delivery to me as a return. Ups never sent a notice of pickup nor a label for me should I want to ups store it (which is what I often do)
Maybe it’s me but beware.
USPO tracking just says in transit. Try calling/contacting ups “customer service” it’s ups “customer get in a loop” site. No help; terrible. No phone no live persons to resolve
I know they’re likely overworked but....

Last edited by Oldbluoval; 02-25-2021 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:08 AM   #2
nkaminar

Default Re: Shipping ....again

Yesterday, after UPS sent us a notice that my new generator would arrive before 9 AM, my wife stayed home to sign for it and missed a hiking date with her woman's hiking group. It never came and that night I got a notice that it would arrive before 9 PM today. Not holding my breath. I paid extra for a quick delivery because we are planning a camping trip where the generator is needed.

The generator I decided to buy, after careful research, is not available in any of the local stores, including Fry's Electronics. The world is changing.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.

Last edited by nkaminar; 02-25-2021 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #3
Oldbluoval

Just saw a segment on the Today Show about the woes of USPO
They’ve had it coming for years. If they survive (?) won’t be long till a letter will be $5!
Old 02-25-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
WHN

I sent a small box to an e-bay customer in Brattleboro, Vermont by USPO. We live in Connecticut. Maybe 200 miles between addresses.

It took three weeks for the box to get delivered.

I mailed our car insurance payment to the insurance company on February 5th, as of yesterday, they have still not received payment.

Great service. The Postmaster General says he has done a lot to improve the Post Office since taking over last year. Show me how things are getting better.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:32 AM   #5
77Birdman

I had a part being shipped by Estes, I waited 3 days (missing work) for delivery. Each day they said it would be there. Finally showed up the third day about 5pm. Its not just small packages!!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:02 AM   #6
Stingray70

I sent a letter certified mail back in early October. USPS lost it. After waiting the required 60 days (I think) I went to post office to get my money back. They confirmed the letter was lost but said since I didn't buy insurance, no refund. The letter had no monetary value and I was just expecting a refund for the cost of postage. Nope, not the way it works. Interesting business model the post office has.

So in January I have another document to send which requires a signature proof of delivery. Having learned my lesson I go to UPS. They charged over $25 for 2nd day delivery of a LETTER!!. When I logged on to see who signed for it, I find out that because of COVID they dropped the letter at a collection center, not at the recipient's address. The person at Walgreens "signed" for it and I still have no proof the intended recipient got the letter.

There is literally no good way to ship anymore. That industry like many others is using COVID as an excuse to hose the cunsumer.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
Oldbluoval

For me, currently, fedex is it
But waiting on that shoe to drop!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:55 AM   #8
McMimmcs

If you don’t like one option go to an alternative. It’s like every other business choice. The same song plays over and over again. Similar to if you don’t like a Buick don’t buy one buy a competitors product. Don’t continue to buy a product-or a service you’re not satisfied with. Go to one that pleases you!

Last edited by McMimmcs; 02-25-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:09 AM   #9
Jack Shaft
BANNED

Uptime is crucial with the equipment I work on, Next Day Air from any of the big ones was reliable, you could set a watch by it. Not anymore, today you will be lucky to see it in 3 days with the same NDA freight charge. Its not just the inconvenience, projected across the entire economy the cost is staggering.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:48 AM   #10
Benson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHN View Post
I sent a small box to an e-bay customer in Brattleboro, Vermont by USPO. We live in Connecticut. Maybe 200 miles between addresses.

It took three weeks for the box to get delivered.

I mailed our car insurance payment to the insurance company on February 5th, as of yesterday, they have still not received payment.

Great service. The Postmaster General says he has done a lot to improve the Post Office since taking over last year. Show me how things are getting better.

That is because the "Postmaster General" installed last year is in fact in real life a "Postmaster Private" E-1 whose only previous business experience is running a Taco Stand which went out of business in two weeks!

Hopefully the new Whitehouse can find someone with the correct experience!

Do they ALL LIE about their experience?

Last edited by Benson; 02-25-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:26 AM   #11
Oldbluoval

Mc...
I’ve eliminated 2 of the 3 shippers in the major scheme
Is the pony express still around?
They’d be faster than usps
Old 02-25-2021, 11:07 AM   #12
65f100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbluoval View Post
For me, currently, fedex is it
But waiting on that shoe to drop!
that shoe has dropped for me - been waiting weeks for a package from fedex to be delivered - its almost close enough for me to go get it - tracking said it was out for delivery on 2/11...nope
Closed Thread