Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-28-2021, 09:25 PM   #21
Fred A

Default Re: Thumbs up for Third Gen Auto

Now, don't get Tangled in your own hyperbole. Does not take too much to find small flaws in perfection. In my first order I added a few self tapping washer heads (39881-S7). The '40 chassis uses at least 17 of these guys to hold clips, brackets and engine pans. Originals had a 7/16" hex. Hardware store and Third Gen offer 3/8" heads. Fine replacements functionally but others having put together some pre-war Fords know. Chorus declares that they don't care. So, what's the point? My project car's so far above average but I too choose to violate the rules of "authentics" because stopping assembly to plate to perfection, etc. won't happen. I use original bolts but nuts and lock washers are commonly replaced. Flat washer diameter bothers me always. Seems we're stuck in a world where cadmium is getting harder to find. Zinc is a sad replacement. Rambling On: Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:42 PM   #22
Karl

Default Re: Thumbs up for Third Gen Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpar View Post
For some time now I've mucking around with starter motors for the 33 couldn't get one to spin properly. After blaming battery & wiring which I did address without success. Saw a new starter on Third Generation Auto website and decided to get one. I have dealt with them before and have had no problems.
After travelling around the world even to Dubai it finally arrived. Not to my door but to a local postal warehouse. What a mess the parcel had been rewrapped by Aus.Post in a heavy plastic bag. The box was just a mess of wet pulp and service counter asked if I would accept or send it back. I thought what could happen to a metal starter & took it home. Not sure how it got so wet but it must have been some aggressive stuff as the shaft was rusted bad and inside was stained and brass com was pitted. Any way I had dismantled cleaned, dried & reoiled fitted to the 33 and all is fine.
I sent an E-mail to Third Gen. Auto what had happened and to my surprise I received a full refund back to Paypal.
This experience was not their fault and I do appreciate there response.
I will continue to use them in the future.
Thankyou 3rd Gen Auto
Kpar

I had the same experience a coil that ended up in Italy -Although I eventually did get he refunded me -Michael is a stand up guy . And the great thing is he is young (the lucky son of a gun) so he's going to be around for a long time -Karl