Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #21
JohnLaVoy

Default Re: Who makes the best and most complete..

I concur with Mark Maron as to Sacramento Vintage and Tyree Harris, I've seen and used harnesses from both of these am not familiar with the third one he mentioned. Had Tyree do an early harness for the phaeton project and it is done exactly as it was suppose to be done.
JohnLaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:00 AM   #22
Jim M

Brattons for me! Worked like a charm. Also got new bases for lamps and plugs to hold them. All worked fine.
Jim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #23
Roger V

While most of the wire harnesses from the major suppliers work well, I'm using Tyree for my current fine-point project.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #24
Hster

Thumbs up Re: Who makes the best and most complete..

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdirick View Post
Major supplier is Bauer Electronics in Bend Oregon.. Owner Chris Olson. They supply Snyders and Brattons. We toured their plant during the Northwest Regional Meet a couple of years ago.
Rick Jensen
Thanks Rick for your earlier post about Bauer. I bought mine from Chris he was great. He built mine with turn signals in the cowl and tail lights. Very clean install. I couldn't be happier.
Hster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #25
pgerhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry1953 View Post
Pgerhardt the harness from Brattons makes the entire installation very neat. It is also available from Berts. You don't have to have any extra wires or terminal blocks. The part of the harness with the blinker module and fuse mounts behind the gas tank onto the screws for the terminal box. It also comes with the hand control ready to mount onto the steering column. It all fit perfectly.
THANKS! Sounds like the way to go. Added to my VERY long todo list.
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #26
Cool Hand Lurker

It is good to hear that Bauer Electronics is still in business. Old Mr. Bauer started that business in my small town of New Ulm, Minnesota years ago. It was on the second floor of a warehouse building in "Goosetown" which is a small section of the city between the railroad tracks and the banks of the Minnesota River.

I had a private tour of the work area from Mr. Bauer shortly before he died and the whole place was filled with these ancient wire loom machines. There must have been 20 of them. It was like stepping back in time. On nails along the wall he had dozens of original wire looms for many different cars and used them as patterns. He did top notch work.I wish I had thought to take a photo of the shop back then.

One of his many sons moved the business out to Bend, Oregon in the mid-80’s, “lock stock & barrel.” If the current owner is Chris Olson then the son must have sold off the business, having gotten “old” himself by now. If the new owner does the same quality work that Mr. Bauer did, then I would buy his wire looms without question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BauerElectronics.jpg (58.5 KB, 10 views)
Cool Hand Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #27
Ron in Quincy

It is very interesting to see the old mechanical looming machines at work, and lots of work to keep them working properly. Ron Palmer is the person at Vintage Ford in Sacramento who runs the machines, keep them working, and makes the harnesses. He also has examples of A wiring harnesses he uses to keep the length of the wires correct for the various harnesses.

Ron
Ron in Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote