Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
1932 V8

Default 1935 Ford Phaeton

City: Windsor
State: California
Price: 38,000.

Beautiful 1935 Ford Phaeton for sale. Some of you may remember this car owned by JR Ballard from Monterey CA area. He owned it for 50 years. He was known as Mr 35 and this was his favorite car. We lost JR many years ago and this beauty was sitting for a while. I have gotten her up and running and she is a great driver. This is a very good car. It has very nice original floors, very nice original doors, very nice original fenders, grill, hood etc. This car is as solid as they come. It checks all the boxes as far as old Fords go if you know old Fords. It has always been the same car. I am the 3rd owner. The restoration was done years ago and it has held up beautifully. It was a 3 time Dearborn winner and then JR put hydraulic brakes on it, a 37 to 41 steering box, a 97 carb and a Smitty's mufler to give it a little rumble. I have a stock muffler that comes with it but the little rumble is kinda fun with such a classy car. 21 stud LB , all correct except the carb. It was rebuilt, it has adjustable lifters and is very clean inside. It needed a head from sitting so long so the engine had the heads/intake pulled and I found a nice set of original 35 heads, had them surfaced, used composite gaskets, adjusted the valves and put it back together. The water pumps were rebuilt, dist rebuilt, radiator/blocked flushed and driven. It runs great and doesn't over heat. The transmission shifts very nice, the numbers on it match the vin number, it doesn't pop out of second and is nice and quiet. It has a Columbia rear that is stock and works as it should. This car has some very special options. Starting at the rear it has accessory bumper guards, a Potters trunk that opens to a small box, the Columbia rear end, a passenger accessory windshield, a Radio, a clock mirror; correct accessory spot light, accessory mirrors and a very special hood ornament I have never seen another of and Kelsey Hayes bent spoke wheels. The car has all the side curtains with the correct storage bag. It has a top boot cover with the correct storage bag. Everything works as it should except the fuel guage. I have over 100 pictures of the car to show all the good and bad. This car has been driven so it has a few nicks and scratches. I did not do a detail on it before the pics so everything can be seen and isn't covered by a bunch of "shine" call or email with questions. Located in Northern CA. I have looked and there are others on the market around this price and a lot more but I think this is one of the best cars that can be bought at the moment. It will hold its value and we all know the market is soft right now so when it comes back this car will gain in value. You just can't beat a good honest old Ford. I will send all the pics via email to anyone interested.
Asking 38k please feel free to make an offer. Lets talk.
Thank you, Mike

Last edited by 1932 V8; 05-28-2019 at 11:07 AM.
1932 V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
1932 V8

Default Re: 1935 Ford Phaeton

Last edited by 1932 V8; 05-26-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
1932 V8

Default Re: 1935 Ford Phaeton

Bump this up with a lower price. This car will sell so if you have interest lets talk. Thank you