Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #61
Tony, NY

Default Re: Mac's lost a customer today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean333 View Post
So is it Dick Spadaro Auto Parts???
I've bought a lot from him, over the years.
http://www.dickspadaro.com/
Tony, NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #62
Ross F-1

My first call is always to Antique Auto Supply in Arlington TX, 817-275-2381. http://www.antiqueautosupply.com/, they are a true mom'n'pop. They carry most of Dennis C's parts. What I like is that they charge actual cost to ship, and do it the cheapest way unless told otherwise. For instance, I needed a small spring that goes on the accelerator pedal of my truck. It would have triggered the minimum shipping cost at any other vendor ($8 or $9), but only cost me $1.50 shipping from AAS as they put it in a padded envelope.

Interesting article about them here: http://youtu.be/VadAcb94GZE
Ross F-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #63
ems customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRITZ47 View Post
Freight costs have "exploded" during the past few years. In some cases, the post office flat rate boxes are now higher in cost than UPS. UPS adds extra costs to the shipper that most of us do not realize - fuel surcharges, residential delivery charges, oversize charges, and other charges to certain high delivery areas that most people are unaware of. If UPS makes an address change (even a minor one) there is an extra charge. Fedex is probably the same. Post Office shipments may sometimes be lower in cost, but handling and claims processing may be more difficult. As the price of fuel goes up, freight costs will continue to increase.

Eventually you will see that the freight costs might approach (or exceed) the product costs on certain bulky items. Merchants are in a tough spot. If they are set up with UPS or Fedex, everything flows through fairly automatically, as packages are scanned as they are exit their conveyors. Taking a few packages to the post office is possible, but is time consuming (driving to the post office, waiting in line, etc.). Regardless of who you deal with, freight costs will be somehow included with your merchandise. I would rather pay a slightly higher cost and have the goods shipped the same or next day than to lose a few days in "processing time".

Talking to a knowledgeable person on the phone is another important feature for all of us. Some companies today force every order to the Internet, and if you call the company you have to listen to recordings push buttons and sometimes leave a message and wait for a call back. What ever happened to customer service?

FRITZ
thank you from all the vendors
ems customer service is offline   Reply With Quote