Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-17-2023, 01:17 PM   #41
GB SISSON

Default Re: PCV valve for my H six ?

I totally get it. While in the ferry line we got in a conversation with a couple my wife knows from her years at the medical center. He told us he has a 'Ford Jeep' that runs but is rusty and maybe I'd like it.... I asked if it had a full floating rear axle and he said yes, so it IS a Ford. My wife agreed later that it seemed like he was offering it for free. And now I'm not supposed to drive for two weeks. Not the kind of trip you want to do with your wife driving (she won't see beyond the ugliness) so I will try to learn 'patience', whatever that is. I have some jeep rims with 7.50 x 16 bias traction tires in a shed, JIC.......
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 10:14 PM   #42
Scotty's 52 F3

Uh Oh, Good luck with that. Ha ha.
Scotty's 52 F3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 10:56 PM   #43
GB SISSON

I like where it's sittin' right now. On the back burner.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 10-23-2023, 04:10 PM   #44
amodel25

On my '51 226 in my 2 door sedan I unbolted the vent tube from the valve train cover completely and installed a grommet and PVC valve from a V8 '72 Chevelle 350. the grommet fits snug as does the valve. I tack welded a piece of plate on the inside of the valve cover to prevent oil being sucked out of the valve spring chamber. Ran a hose from the PVC valve to the threaded vacuum connection on the intake manifold. Air is pulled in through the oil filler cap and exhausted out through the intake manifold.
Has worked great for 20+ years.
amodel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 04:25 PM   #45
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by amodel25 View Post
On my '51 226 in my 2 door sedan I unbolted the vent tube from the valve train cover completely and installed a grommet and PVC valve from a V8 '72 Chevelle 350. the grommet fits snug as does the valve. I tack welded a piece of plate on the inside of the valve cover to prevent oil being sucked out of the valve spring chamber. Ran a hose from the PVC valve to the threaded vacuum connection on the intake manifold. Air is pulled in through the oil filler cap and exhausted out through the intake manifold.
Has worked great for 20+ years.
My inlet and outlet's the same as yours, but I'm quite sure your grommet makes a tighter connection than I got by connecting to the road draft tube. That strange angled machine screw into the eliptical hole on the valve cover could have been better engineered. (And I keep resisting the urge to go look at that ford jeep.)
Old 11-02-2023, 06:02 PM   #46
Mercy

GB, how did your surgery go? Are you back under the hood yet?
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 08:40 PM   #47
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
GB, how did your surgery go? Are you back under the hood yet?
Back at it, for real. I have a week of free time for trucks because my current woodworking project got stalled (again). We like to say this gal "Doesn't know what she wants, and she won't be happy 'til she gets it".
Old 11-04-2023, 06:33 AM   #48
38 coupe

Good to hear you are doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
We like to say this gal "Doesn't know what she wants, and she won't be happy 'til she gets it".
I can't believe I haven't heard that saying before, it's great. I'm going to use that.
38 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote