Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2017, 03:04 AM   #1
denniskliesen

Default Timeline of paint

I'm trying to understand first of all how many final assembly plants Ford had from mid 1928 to mid 1929. I haven't been able to find the stamp on my crossmember that would indicate where it was built. Could it have been possible they used some 1928 colors into early 1929 until they ran out.

The reason I am asking is that my 29 Tudor has a date stamp on the tank 1/21/29 and none of the colors from early 1929 listed in the Restoration Guidelines match what I believe is a color that was used in late 1928. I have seen in person all 4 colors that were according to the Restoration Guidelines for early 1929 model 55-A Tudor.

I don't plan on ever having my car judged, but I like the original color that it was painted from the evidence I have been able to find. Some people have told me it could be faded, but if it was covered by a rear seat or behind the interior cowl panel, numerous other places on the interior part of the car how then could it have faded?

The pictures here look very close to how they look on both my phone and computer monitor, even my printer prints pictures that match closely to the color what I believe is a 1928 color.

So what color is this?

denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote