Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-31-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
kwisor

Default had fun with model a today

hello
even though I don't have my car all the way done yet I took my 16 year old in the neaberhood and taught him how to drive it he just loved it he thinks it his now but not yet then a police officer got behind us and I do not have tail lights on yet when we get to the house sure enough he stops I'm thinking here we go ticket for no tail lights and no tag but all he wanted was to know what year it is and it looks great so what a relief
kevin
1930 tudor
kwisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA

Default Re: had fun with model a today

Hi Kevin,
Glad to hear that your son loves driving the car.
Nice story about the policeman. It is always nice to hear about policemen who promote good will and community service.
I now drive a bus for a living. I occasionally take school children onto the local joint forces military base for science classes in rocket pulpolsion. The guards at the gate always checks my I'D and then waves me on. There was a different guard the last time I was there. He had me open the main service door. He got on board, introduced himself to the elementary school kids and then welcomed them to the base. There was a line of cars behind us, but he took a little bit of time and promoted good will. The children were very excited and couldn't stop talking about what he did. I was really impressed and told him so on my way out.
Neil
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 PM   #3
Fred K-OR

We have a daughter and two son-in-laws who are policepersons. I asked them what they do when they see an old car. They said they just admire them and watch them go by. I think our police have far more important things to do then stop old cars!
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #4
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Remember this story when someone is criticizing them. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 PM   #5
Quigley1930

Well Middleburg is a town of 600 people and one policeman. When I got back in the A business 16 years ago he stopped me and I was informed I could drive in parades and Model A functions. My insurance co, State Farm had told me to drive anywhere anytime and I have. I didn't get a ticket and that cop is long gone

Sewall
Quigley1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley1930 View Post
Well Middleburg is a town of 600 people and one policeman. When I got back in the A business 16 years ago he stopped me and I was informed I could drive in parades and Model A functions. My insurance co, State Farm had told me to drive anywhere anytime and I have. I didn't get a ticket and that cop is long gone

Sewall
Your plate type dictates where and when you can drive and the insurance company can not over rule the police. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote