Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
Ed Solari

Default 33 34 rumble seat compartment question

In the rear bottom below the pivots of the rumble seat there is a pan that goes from left to right with a big half circle indent in the center. It supports the outer panel below the rumble lid. There are 5 "D" cinch nuts to allow the attachment of the trunk panel for the trunk cars.

For those with rumble seats, are these D nuts crimped on the inner side so to be seen? That is, the "D" cinch nut has a thick part with the threads and a detail that goes through the hole that is crimped (smashed) to hold the nut on the hole. I think the crimp part is visible inside the rumble area BUT I have a repo that mounted them on the other side so when assembled the crimped portion is not seen.

OR is it done either way by the OEM

Thanks for your help!!!!
Ed Solari
Ed Solari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:46 AM   #2
33 roadster

Default Re: 33 34 rumble seat compartment question

Hi Ed I looked at my Roadster and the D nuts or threaded side is on the back side of the panel or rear of car. So I would say the D nuts in the repo are in backwards, and the orginals where never that way. I also looked at my Cabriolet with rumble lid up and with the seat in there you can not see the panel you are talking about. That being said I still would not want them in the wrong way myself. It is still in a guys head and wrong is wrong. Hope this helps Larry

Last edited by 33 roadster; 10-06-2014 at 09:00 AM.
33 roadster is offline   Reply With Quote