Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-17-2021, 09:12 PM   #1
Mike Peters

Default Model A Day in Sharon is on. June 6, 2021

Just got home from a meeting with the local folks who put Model A Day in Sharon together. It is definitely a GO. Same basic format as other years. Parts swap, live music , pig roast, exclusive Model A parking down town, and much more. Co hosted by the Rockford Model A club, Rockford, IL.
The MARC national meet in Oshkosh, Wisconsin starts the next day, so you could plan your trip to take in Sharon on June 6, and then drive north to Oshkosh to arrive the next day. Hope to see many of you in Sharon on June 6.
Mike Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:18 AM   #2
shew01

Default Re: Model A Day in Sharon is on. June 6, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peters View Post
Just got home from a meeting with the local folks who put Model A Day in Sharon together. It is definitely a GO. Same basic format as other years. Parts swap, live music , pig roast, exclusive Model A parking down town, and much more. Co hosted by the Rockford Model A club, Rockford, IL.
The MARC national meet in Oshkosh, Wisconsin starts the next day, so you could plan your trip to take in Sharon on June 6, and then drive north to Oshkosh to arrive the next day. Hope to see many of you in Sharon on June 6.

I’m not familiar with the area. Is Sharon in IL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:36 AM   #3
Mike Peters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon,_Wisconsin

Shew: The village of Sharon, WI. is located literally on the Wisconsin/Illinois state line. The south boundary of the village IS the IL./WI. state line. Sharon is about 80 miles from downtown Chicago, IL., 60 miles from Milwaukee, WI., and 60 miles from down town Madison, WI.
If you drive your Model A straight west from Lake Michigan along the WI/IL. state line, for 50 miles, you are in Sharon, WI in time for lunch at the Coffee Cup restaurant.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #4
shew01

Thank you.

shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
Jeff/Illinois

Thanks Mike good to know.

Will definitely be there it is a great time The Rock-Ford-A's are the best! They do a great job putting this on.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
abachman3

Historically the Model A crowd will show up with more than 200 Model A's! It's always a great show/day.
abachman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by abachman3 View Post
Historically the Model A crowd will show up with more than 200 Model A's! It's always a great show/day.
Yes a Model A Ford Cruise-in cars coming and going and don't forget what people bring and park out on the fringes! There are always neat Early V-8's and cars from the 60's and the like, that come to see the A's.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #8
cw253748

Btt
cw253748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:06 PM   #9
PalAl

Quote:
The RFA's have mapped a great "Model A" route to get from Sharon to Oshkosh, it's available to anyone going to the MARC National Meet after spending a pleasant day in Sharon with their Model A Friends. Copies of the map should be at the registration table for those traveling North later in the day.
PalAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:20 AM   #10
McMimmcs

Hi Mike what is the closest airport ?
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:28 PM   #11
Garwood

Will it have a swap meet or any cars for sale? The swap meet in Columbus, IN wasn't very big and only had 1 car for sale.

Garwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:15 PM   #12
PalAl

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
Hi Mike what is the closest airport ?
The airport in Rockford IL (Chicago/Rockford International Airport) is about 40 miles from Sharon Wi

Dane County Regional Airport in Madison WI is about 70 miles form Sharon WI
Old 05-05-2021, 10:20 PM   #13
PalAl

Yes, Sharon does have a swap meet and cars for sale but it is unknown as to how many until they show up. In the past there have been two blocks, both sides of the street lined with parts and stuff. As far as cars for sale..... there have been cars sold that wernt for sale! I guess we all have a point where we can't say no.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:39 AM   #14
Garwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalAl View Post
Yes, Sharon does have a swap meet and cars for sale but it is unknown as to how many until they show up. In the past there have been two blocks, both sides of the street lined with parts and stuff. As far as cars for sale..... there have been cars sold that wernt for sale! I guess we all have a point where we can't say no.

True. Everything does have its price. I sometimes get cash offers while at the gas station and a couple from my local club had offered to buy my truck but if someone came to me with the right amount I wouldn't be able to say no either.

Talked with the "boss" and she's in for the long trip from G.R. and going around the pond as long as we can stop in Chicago on the way back. Won't be bringing my truck though, saving that long trip for Gilmore in Sept.

Garwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #15
[email protected]

There are several small private airfields in the Sharon, WI area. Delavan, WI., Beloit, WI., Harvard, IL., a favorite is the Poplar Grove, IL airport with it's own museum (including a beautifully restored Model A Postal Truck).

In past years it seems like several of the touring clubs from any distance have spent Saturday night at the Hotels in Beloit, WI. All of the local Wisconsin Supper Clubs have their parking lots filled with Model A's on Saturday night. Steaks, Prime Rib, and Brandy Old Fashion Sweets are a great way to get into the Model A fellowship mood........
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #16
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
Will it have a swap meet or any cars for sale? The swap meet in Columbus, IN wasn't very big and only had 1 car for sale.
The rumor mill in the local Rock Ford A's Model A club is that a few of our club members that are aging out may have their Model A's for sale. But over the years there have always been several cars for sale in one area of the gathering and some of Model A's that are parked on the streets have had for sale signs displayed. Who knows how many cars actually change owners on that day. FYI. In the past, Cell phone service in this small community is not the best so sometimes it is hard to contact some on their phones to ask about the car with the sign. So you may have to be at the right place at the right time....
Old 05-06-2021, 09:05 AM   #17
[email protected]

Off topic but if you are into flying and small town airfields, you should plan to come back to this area in July for the Pietenpol AirCamper Reunion in Brodhead, WI.

https://www.pietenpols.org/annual-pietenpol-reunion/
Old 05-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #18
Mike Peters

I attended a Model A Day meeting in Sharon last evening and thought I would pass along the menu for June 6 in Sharon. There will be plenty of food at three different locations, plus the Coffee Cup restaurant down town.

If you are coning in a modern car on your way to Oshkosh, there is plenty of free parking anywhere on any side street adjacent to the down town where the event is held. North or south of the railroad tracks is fine. The tracks run past the down town area. Sharon is a small village, so the down town will be easy to find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-P1160410.jpg (32.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #19
McMimmcs

Quote:
I attended a Model A Day meeting in Sharon last evening and thought I would pass along the menu for June 6 in Sharon. There will be plenty of food at three different locations, plus the Coffee Cup restaurant down town.

If you are coning in a modern car on your way to Oshkosh, there is plenty of free parking anywhere on any side street adjacent to the down town where the event is held. North or south of the railroad tracks is fine. The tracks run past the down town area. Sharon is a small village, so the down town will be easy to find.
Sounds like a good old fashioned fun day. I wish you much success. Wayne
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #20
psimet

I should hit this up. It’s close enough to me. I’ve ridden my bike up to Harvard plenty of times as well as Lake Geneva and looks like Sharon is only a few miles from that.

psimet is offline   Reply With Quote