Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2020, 06:39 PM   #21
Aarongriffey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Hayward,CA
Posts: 397
Default Re: Anyone with the "Dirty Word" knowledge

Now that all the streets are so broken up here in taxafornia I quit driving my ‘29 Nash four door landau sedan. The body and doors are just wooden frames with set metal nailed on.
The back doors really take beating when you hit a chuck hole.
Aarongriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:31 AM   #22
David J
Senior Member
 
David J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St Croix Falls WI
Posts: 1,915
Default Re: Anyone with the "Dirty Word" knowledge

Bought a 34 Ford tudor with the body cutoff behind the doors and a willys box in Faith SD in 1975 .
Cost a whopping $20 .
Grille did not need replating nor did the bumpers .
Dry country there .
Next to it was a 31 or 32 chev 2 door .
Wood was bad and the body was collapsing .

Like the 34 ford the sheetmetal was very nice .

Also remember 33-34 ford roadsters-phaetons are wood structure bodies also .
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #23
blucar
Senior Member
 
blucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 1,987
Default Re: Anyone with the "Dirty Word" knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J View Post
B .

Also remember 33-34 ford roadsters-phaetons are wood structure bodies also .
The '35-36 Ford open cars are also wood bodied with metal nailed over the wood.. Almost bought a 36 conv, then when I saw all the bad wood I walked.
A comment was made earlier about '30 model Plymouth bodies being wood framed. In reality the Plymouth bodies are all steel, even the floor pan, they were mostly built by Briggs. I had a '31 PB 2dr sdn for a few years, there was hardly a piece of wood in the entire body.
__________________
Bill.... 36 5 win cpe
blucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #24
ironfly28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
Default Re: Anyone with the "Dirty Word" knowledge

Maybe post this on the Chevy Ched and see what they have to say ��
ironfly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:58 PM   #25
JSeery
Senior Member
 
JSeery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wichita KS
Posts: 15,103
Default Re: Anyone with the "Dirty Word" knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucar View Post
The '35-36 Ford open cars are also wood bodied with metal nailed over the wood.. Almost bought a 36 conv, then when I saw all the bad wood I walked.
A comment was made earlier about '30 model Plymouth bodies being wood framed. In reality the Plymouth bodies are all steel, even the floor pan, they were mostly built by Briggs. I had a '31 PB 2dr sdn for a few years, there was hardly a piece of wood in the entire body.
I had a 34 Plymouth, very little wood, they are somewhat similar to the same year Fords.
JSeery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #26
Randy in ca
Senior Member
 
Randy in ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,280
Default Re: Anyone with the "Dirty Word" knowledge

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSeery View Post
I had a 34 Plymouth, very little wood, they are somewhat similar to the same year Fords.

Budd first built all steel bodies for the Dodge Brothers Corp. in 1914. Took others a long time to catch up!!
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.