Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-25-2023, 11:09 AM   #1
Hotrodswe

Default Window install in a 32' 3W

Hi
I've got a 32' 3W Brookville car and I about to install glass in doors and rear window. Anyone that could help step by steps?
What directions goes the bottom window channels, they are not symetrical

I have all interior all ready done, all wood and regulator allready mounted, is it still possible to get the rear window in place?

Photos please
Hotrodswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:41 AM   #2
Vics Stuff

Default Re: Window install in a 32' 3W

I would be interested also.
Vic
Vics Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 04:54 PM   #3
BoxCar Tom

I think most here on the FB are more familiar with Ford (Murray) produced 3W coupe bodies and less familiar with the Brookville 3W body. How closely does the Brookville interior construction follow the original design? Are stock regulators used in the doors and back window?

Back glass
A stock 32 3W has an interior upholstery panel below the back window covering the regulator panel. If your completed interior has this feature than you should be able to remove that panel and the regulator wood panel which would then allow you to install the back glass. Start by placing the back window (with channel attached) in the drain pan, then raise it to the closed position. Hold it there with a piece of wood. The rolled edge of the slot on the window channel should be towards the back of the car. Then install the regulator panel with the regulator installed. When installing this panel the roller at the end of the regulator arm must inserted into the window channel. It may be necessary to adjust the arm up or down to make the connection. Pull the piece of wood holding the window up, attach the window regulator panel to the uprights. Check function. Adjust as necessary.

Door glass
Start by placing the glass (lengthwise vertical) with channel attached in the door, then rotate and raise it to the closed position. Hold it there with a coat hanger. The rolled edge of the slot on the window channel should be towards the outside of the car. Install the regulator. Raise the regulator arms up to meet the window channel, insert the rollers and turn the window crank to engage the rollers in the channel. Remove the coat hanger. Check function. Adjust as necessary. Good Luck.
BoxCar Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:14 PM   #4
TravisDM

It would be interesting to see how to install them. Hope you can share a write-up
TravisDM is offline   Reply With Quote