Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
roadster36
BANNED

Default (Drake is making it right)I won't be patronizing Bob Drake any more

"Wes" at Bob Drake stood up and did the right thing. I am satisfied with their approach and response. All is well. We are all human. Thank you.

Last edited by roadster36; 12-07-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: update
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Coupe35

Default Re: I won't be patronizing Bob Drake any more

I've found from them that they will take your money real fast but when you return something, It takes weeks to get a refund.
Coupe35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Lawson Cox

Bob's customer service sucks big time.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
denson1932

I think Bob Drake and all the others who make the parts for us are in it more for the passion than the money and if some of their employees make a mistake on our order, we just need to get it corrected and get on with it. As an example why would anyone in this shakey economy invest tons of money in a 1940 Ford steel body build...i think we owe alot of thanks to them for producing the parts we need!
denson1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
34pickup

Let us know if you get it resolved. I don't want to spend money with a dealer that has poor customer service either.Their mistake should cost them...not you.
34pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
roadster36
BANNED

I will update if there is any change. I have to say the sales lady was very helpful but it was obvious that they are stressed since the layoff's. This might be another case of management being penny wise and pound foolish, but it's not my company and I don't know their financial situation. If it were me I would put the '40 coupe project on the back burner for a while until the encomy stabilizes. These days '40 coupes and parts are not hard to come by, customers are. I have often wondered why he didn't step up and reproduce '36 coupe deck lids and fenders. The prices those parts command seem worth the effort.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
Steel 35

If you find another place that does you 100% every time share that with us too; I haven't yet!
Steel 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
phatssbigboi

I am never shocked with companies if you were only to spend a total of $400 with the a company a $10 credit isn't worth an employees time to fight with a customer. I happen to work in customer service and sales and its the simple things that make you lose customers. Take your business else ware you should not have to deal with this.

I will share a brief story I had my 57 chevy painted at macco and they did a very bad job even by macco standards when I very respectfully told the manager I wasn't happy he got pissed and told me they will not paint any more cars for me.

Oh No not that!!!!!! you mean I can go else where lol!!!!
phatssbigboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #9
roadster36
BANNED

***UPDATE*** Wes, from Bob Drake contacted me about the situation I encountered. He explained what happened and what mistakes were made on their end. They are willing to credit my account, credit back my credit card, etc- whatever it takes to make it right. That is good enough for me. Nobody is perfect and every business has occasional issues that need to be worked out. I appreciate their candid response and solution. Thank you Wes- Dennis
Old 12-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
al pa.

Default Re: (Drake is making it right)I won't be patronizing Bob Drake any more

Drake never offered to make it right for the phony closeout deal on his choke,and throttle cables that I had ordered.Those who remember,will know of the Bob Drake backlash,that upset the Model A Lady,shortly before the transition to the new Fordbarn format.
al pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #11
Flathead Fever

"Backorder Bob", years ago that is what everybody I know was calling him. If you had to buy Bob Drake parts, Bob Drake was the last guy you wanted to buy them from. Every transaction I have ever made with those people was unpleasant. Several times they took my money and did not bother to tell me the part or parts were going to be on backorder for six months or more. Once they had my money they refused to give me a refund, all they would do is issue me store credit.
Like most of you I also forgive people for honest mistakes but taking somebody’s money and not delivering the promised merchandise and then refusing to return the money is not a mistake. I stopped dealing with them. Maybe they have their act together now but I will never know, they have lost me as a customer forever. If you have to buy something from Bob Drake make sure you use a credit card so you cancel the transaction.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
flatjack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster36 View Post
***UPDATE*** Wes, from Bob Drake contacted me about the situation I encountered. He explained what happened and what mistakes were made on their end. They are willing to credit my account, credit back my credit card, etc- whatever it takes to make it right. That is good enough for me. Nobody is perfect and every business has occasional issues that need to be worked out. I appreciate their candid response and solution. Thank you Wes- Dennis
I wonder if that was a response to your posting here on the forum. Too bad you have to go to extremes to get the right thing done. However I think these forums carry a lot of weight.

Last edited by flatjack9; 12-08-2010 at 06:17 PM.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #13
FL&WVMIKE

BD is greedy. At the same time that he started making his running boards, over seas, at a fraction of the cost of the USA boards, he raised the prices to his customers.
Each and every complaint was answered by, "You are the only one who had that problem".
I will never buy anything from BD again.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #14
Ken Crans

For a guy that came up in the ranks among other guys like Carpenter, His co. don't treat people the same. Their service sucks and their parts don't fit. And most of all... the prices are outragous! Just my thoughts. Ken
Ken Crans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
al pa.

The best advice I saw,was to use a credit card,to be able to cancel an undesirable transaction.Personally,I'm reluctant to use a credit card,with someone I lost confidence in.
al pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
mj40's

I have always had great service with Bob Drake. If I had a problem they stepped up and fixed it. I have bought lots of parts for my coupe and two 40 pickup projects. I took a shopping list to them at the Portland swap meet. He could only fill about a third of my list at the show. He sent the rest fast and paid the shipping.
mj40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
Frank The Plumber

The only good thing about a recession is that it trims ego, any guy with a half sense of business has gotten the cure by now or is out.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #18
Keoki808

I like that.....I mean I love that! they should be humble by now! thanks!
Keoki808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #19
Milt/Las Vegas

I've bought a lot of parts from Bob Drake over the years,and have been very satisfied.