Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #21
NoSurf

Default Re: Found My Registration after 28 years, Now what Do I do to find the Truck

caveat emptor.
NoSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #22
1928Pickuppain

Default Re: Found My Registration after 28 years, Now what Do I do to find the Truck

the vin should be on the registation. have a cop run them for you.
1928Pickuppain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #23
fordcragar

This is an interesting situation, there are a lot of what if's in play. In the state that I live in, the vehicle could have been removed as an "abandoned vehicle" and sold at auction; which would have given the purchaser a legit title.

If you can prove ownership, then have someone do a VIN search for you.
fordcragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #24
40 Deluxe

There's a good chance some idiot street rodder got it, junked the frame and running gear, put the body on one of those imitation chassis and applied for and received a "reconstructed" title (or whatever his state calls them). Then he probably went on a 'rod run' and got his picture in one of the big magazines!
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #25
1931 flamingo

Now it could turn into a real can of worms if truck is found and it happens to be registered with a valid title in the new owner's name (however which way the title was obtained)..................or if 2nd or third owner with a valid title............

Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #26
Big D

Reading this entire thing, I think you would have more in legal fees than the truck was worth... Most lawyers want $200+ an hour and the "$2000 to rebuild" would go away pretty fast. Also given the intent of the now dead seller is going to be impossible to prove. The statue of limitations varies by state, but given that you only have a Registration-- the "new" buyer most likely has a Bill of Sale. In fact I still have the orig out-of-state title from my car, as Alabama does not even keep up with cars over 20 years old.

Another point not covered... given the Engine #, used in most places as the replacement for the VIN, could now be in a 29 Coupe (with a good title).

Good luck,
Sometimes it better to get over and forgive.

D
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote