Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-26-2014, 04:26 AM   #1
RCM

Default Resources

Hey there.
These are really great resource schemes for the tri-fives assembly: http://www.trifive.com/garage/56%20Chevy%20index.htm
Do you know of a similar thing for 56 Fords?
Thanks
RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
rick55

Default Re: Resources

The 49-59 Ford Illustrated parts manual is the same thing, though at the moment it is not accessible on a website to view like this. There are places to download it though only by invitation.
There are also several people selling on ebay as disks in pdf format. It is also for sale on yblocksforever.com in the classified section. This seller also has the engine section of the 56 ford included.

1958 Ford Mainline Utility, 1955 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
Henry Ford
rick55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
raceron1120

retrojim (on the FB and HAMB ) has the parts book CDs I think they're around $10 & shipping but shoot him a pm & he can give give you the update info on what he has.
raceron1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
parklane

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceron1120 View Post
retrojim (on the FB and HAMB ) has the parts book CDs I think they're around $10 & shipping but shoot him a pm & he can give give you the update info on what he has.

I haven't heard from him for a few months. Tried emailing him, but no return email. Hope he is OK.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #5
JeffB2

This member has a deal on them too and a bonus: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=70276 Send him a pm.
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #6
RCM

Hey there guys.
Thank you all for the support. I'm this close to gettin my hands on a 56 223 Customline, so I'm gathering my info. I'll be happy if I cand get them on a pdf file. I noticed these are available online.
I'll pm retrojim and also the user Jeff talked about.
Keep it up.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #7
raceron1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by parklane View Post
I haven't heard from him for a few months. Tried emailing him, but no return email. Hope he is OK.
Jim is okay, I think he's just busy. I got a email from him the other day. I will ask him to check his FordBarn & HAMB private messages.
raceron1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
Retro Jim

RCM , rick55 , parklane and anyone else interested in the 1949 to 1959 Ford disc that JeffB2 and raceron1120 are referring to Please read on and you will see the information on how to contact me to get the 1949 to 1959 Ford Computer Disc .

I use to advertise all the time on the HAMB sometimes but mostly the Ford Group that JeffB2 started many years ago . Most people find the older posts there about the disc .

I have been selling that disc for a very long time !
Now it's like the more costly Ford disc on Evel-Bay but my disc doesn't have a fancy picture printed on the computer disc . That's the main difference .
ALL my disc are placed in a real plastic "Jewel" case and then mailed in a "Bubble" mailer . I have always done it that way !

NOW EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP THIS ONE THING IN MIND ----IT WILL NOT WORK ON A MAC OPERATING COMPUTER SYSTEM !
IT WILL ONLY WORK ON A WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM !

Now I think I am about the only one that will ship the disc to any other country . I have shipped to many on-line friends from around the world and haven't had any problems with delivery as of yet . I have mailed to Canada , Australia , Germany , England , Sweden , China , Mexico , Great Britain and a few others but can't remember off hand .

If anyone would like to purchase one or get the information on the 1949 to 1959 Ford computer disc you can PM me either on the HAMB , Ford Barn or for fastest reply email me at -- [email protected] and I can give you all the information needed to receive one .

The disc is basically like having a Ford "Green Book" in your computer with tons of exploded views of all kinds of many different things with the Ford part numbers included plus you can even see how they go back together and what parts you might be missing from the pictures as well .
Even though it's for FORDS Cars , I have had many Mercury people buy the disc and they have told me it has helps them a lot as well on many things that the Ford and Mercury cars have in common .

The disc has 2 parts to it with the main on being the "illustration" which is what you will use 99% of the time and the other section is the "Text Catalog" which shows all the trim and the parts like that in that section .

I can also help you with any questions you might have about engine swaps , trans swaps , rear end conversions and so on as well !
I honestly don't mind trying to help someone out on-line when they have a problem . I still do it all the time but it might take a day or possibly 2 before I can get back to you but I usually get back to you that same day depending on how late you email me .

I also have an engine rebuilding service to build your engine from stock to as wild as you want it to be ! I can do most any mechanical needs for your older Ford and other makes of cars and trucks as well .
I also do sheet-metal / patch panel welding and sometimes I can make the patch panel for you .
I can also even do what most Everyone else really hates to do and that's rewire your project for you with USA made products ! About the only thing I can't do right now is Paint a car or truck yet but I think my 55 Ford just might be my first one to try to paint !

I have been a mechanic re-building engines for a very long time and that first engine I rebuilt was back in 1970 or 1971 . It's been to long to remember the exact year but I can still remember the engine make and size , what car I pulled the engine out of , the car's make and model it was in , Plus I can even tell you where the car was at that I did the work even still today ! It's not where I am living now either .
It was at the house I lived in from 1969 til I got married .

Last summer I went to see my old neighborhood and old house that I lived in and it's a real shame to see the condition that it's in right now ! Now it's abandoned and in very poor condition on the inside !
It's a real shame too as my sister and I have many very fond memories living at that house growing up . OH how times have changed .....and not for the better either !

Well I am sorry for such a long post and telling you about how I got started working on cars but I hope everyone understands how long I have been doing mechanical work !
I learned how to do it the Old Fashion way and that was by teaching myself ! We didn't have any books we could buy at the local parts store and we didn't have computers to tell us all the answers either back then .
You either learned how to fix it from a friend if they would teach you or maybe you taught yourself like I did or You paid someone else to fix it for you ! I learned from the School of "Fix it Yourself" .

I hope I have answered everyone's questions that you might have and if anyone needs the information on how to get the Ford disc from me , Please let me know .

Now remember , if you are having car problems , just send me an email and I will do my best to help you fix it !

I do want to give a "Special Thanks" SHOUT OUT to all the 100+ Happy Customers that have bought the 1949 to 1959 Ford disc from me already over the past years !

So now you have No reason as to why your're not getting your project done anymore ! Well maybe one and that's being short on $$$ like most of us !

Thanks again for all your time and consideration !
Jim
Retro Jim

One last thing as to why I haven't been around since last fall . I got a phone call in the middle of the night from my baby sister in Texas telling me that my other sister was in the hospital and wasn't going to live 24 hours ! Took my wife and I "3 hours" to drive there . I got there in time to say Good-Bye before her heart finally stopped . She was 55 and at work when a blood clot formed and got stuck in the left side of her brain . My sister had a very kind and strong heart and put too much pressure on her brain to survive . That was in mid Sept. 2013
So with my baby sister living in Texas I had my Mom move up here so we could keep an eye on her . Mom needed 24/7 Hospice care . She was now living in Gettysburg just 20 mins from us which was great !
On January 11 , 2014 I got a call from the place she was living at and they told me that my Mom had passed away peacefully in her sleep sometime after noon lunch and 2:45 pm when they had found her when they went to check on her . The pain meds would make her sleep so my Mom had passed away in her sleep .
That was just 4 months after loosing my sister . There was only 3 of us children and my Mom . In just 4 very short months , my sister and my Mother had passed away and made that final flight with the Angles from above !
It's been very hard on me since Sept. 2013 and still is right now since I am executor and power of attorney . I am having to take care of all my Mom's finical and medical affairs which it much harder that we ever thought it would be even with all the proper pares in mt hands and a Notarized will !
So now I hope everyone understands where I have been for a while .
I am just trying to keep going , one day at a time !

Last edited by Retro Jim; 03-28-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Retro Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
RCM

Hey there Jim. Thanks for helping out. I already noticed that that's your modus operandi! I hope all turns out fine with you and your family. I'll e-mail you on the Ford manual.
Keep it up and thanks everyone.