Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-16-2019, 11:57 PM   #1
RalphG

Default C&G Rubber Parts

A while back I was inquiring here about replacing a missing rubber bump stop on the upper frame under the suspension arm of the 52 Merc. I got a couple of new ones from C&G Parts, reasonably priced. I recorded some video of opening up the mail package but neglected to video any of the installation. The reason was that the new rubber dropped into place in the frame with just some slight pressure by hand. So I'm wondering just how well it will stay in place. Might need to glue the rubber down to the frame with some "gorilla glue"?
https://youtu.be/QDAU2xVcrYM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Merc September 2019.jpg (44.5 KB, 10 views)
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:19 AM   #2
19Fordy

Default Re: C&G Rubber Parts

Mercury part # for 1952 Merc front suspension rebound rubber bumper is MA-3025-A.
Max. dia. is 1 3/4 in. according top parts book. Just add a dab of silicone glue when you push it in place. Pretty hard for it to go anywhere.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
RalphG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
Mercury part # for 1952 Merc front suspension rebound rubber bumper is MA-3025-A.
Max. dia. is 1 3/4 in. according top parts book. Just add a dab of silicone glue when you push it in place. Pretty hard for it to go anywhere.
The C&G number is 8A-3025 for that rubber suspension bumper so I'd assume it is right. They were cheap enough that I ordered two even though the left side bumper is still in place. I don't know how long the original has been missing from the right side. Maybe that hole in the frame was too big right from day one and it would not hold the rubber part.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
philipswanson

C&G just resells Carpenter and Backorder Bob rubber. What separates Carpenter from the rest is they make there own rubber, not offshore stuff like others. Best just to go to Carpenter to make sure you get the good stuff.
philipswanson is offline   Reply With Quote