Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
3quarter32

Default 3/4 32 Roadster

Finally finished (almost) the 3/4 scale roadster, except for a few minor items, and whatever shows up after driving it for a bit. It is powered by a 60hp flatty, and has 5 speed tranny. Mustand rearend. Seems to be geared a bit high, but not enough to be a problem. It should be fun to drive to the local get togethers. Now time to start another project.
Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Outside 4.JPG (69.7 KB, 75 views)
3quarter32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
PeteVS

Default Re: 3/4 32 Roadster

Tell us more!!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
merc40

How did you do that ? Way cool. Dick t.
merc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
3quarter32

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Not a whole lot more to tell, except for a bit of history concerning the car. It was purchased by my son-in-law in 2001 from Chups in Oregon. He started the project, but seemed to lose interest in it. He lost a battle with cancer in 2010, and I bought the car from my daughter in Reno.
I redid a few things on the frame that I wasn't happy with, like moving the rear crossmemer to center up the tires in the wheelwell, and a few other little concerns. The brake lines had to be run, and I removed the wiring and replaced to my liking. It has an electric fan, that so far hasn't been needed, but not had it get over 170 degrees after running for 15 or 20 minutes at an idle. It has 15" wheels which are a bit large for the 3/4 scale, but I will live with that. I added a rack and pinion steering, instead of useing the sprint car set up that came with it. It came with a blower also, but I have enough problems with the two 81 series carbs.
I made the header/megaphone exhaust, and it isn't really to loud. Probably will add some motorcycle baffles to please the local law.
Still fighting with the tag agency on a title, since it never was titled in Nevada, they will not accept a bill of sale from that state here in Okieland.
Lee
3quarter32 is offline   Reply With Quote