Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-30-2021, 02:56 PM   #21
31Tudor

Default Re: Visit to the Henry Ford Museum

I say hit the Henry Ford Museum and cover as much as you can in the time you have allowed. It will still be a great experience and you will realize that you will want to come back again sometime. Cars and trains are to your right, I would start there and then work your way through it; you can keep moving and see quite a bit. The museum is a little more condensed than Greenfield Village. You will see more in a short period of time. Yes, there is a Ford's Garage in Florida.
31Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:08 PM   #22
ericr

not to throw a Script Wrench into this, but for a short visit, wouldn't he do better to visit the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum?
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #23
shew01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31Tudor View Post
I say hit the Henry Ford Museum and cover as much as you can in the time you have allowed. It will still be a great experience and you will realize that you will want to come back again sometime. Cars and trains are to your right, I would start there and then work your way through it; you can keep moving and see quite a bit. The museum is a little more condensed than Greenfield Village. You will see more in a short period of time. Yes, there is a Ford's Garage in Florida.

Agreed. Plus, it’s air conditioned and much cooler than Greenfield Village in the summer.

We went a couple of years ago and spent time in the museum and Greenfield Village. Both far exceeded our expectations. We’d love to go back and spend a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:42 PM   #24
dean from bozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
not to throw a Script Wrench into this, but for a short visit, wouldn't he do better to visit the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum?
If you go to the ACD Museum then you have to go to the Ford V-8 Museum!

When I was at the MARC National Meet in Grand Rapids, a few of my buddies (Fred Gooding, Dave Cella and Roy Nelson) said that they would take me to the Ford Museum because I shouldn't miss it. Well we get there and the three of them decide that they would rather stay in the SUV and visit than walk around because they had all been there numerous times. Also, right before we got there in the afternoon it rained buckets. So much so that most of the visitors, including school groups, had decided to leave. I basically wandered through Greenfield Village alone. What a great way to see it.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #25
ETAModel

I would love to visit the Ford museum. It definitely is on my bucket list. It is a hike from Texas, but would be a fun week log drive in the 30 Fordor.
ETAModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:00 PM   #26
mercman from oz

The Henry Ford Museum is definitely a place that you should visit.
It is a great experience.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #27
WTSHNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBnut View Post
So again, my question is, with those limitations in mind, where would you recommend that I spend my time?
Ken
My vote is to do the museum.

-Tim
Old 07-02-2021, 04:34 PM   #28
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskai View Post
You can look up their annual report here. Their 2019 operating budget was $73.5m, of which $16m revenue was derived from restaurants. AFAIK the HF does operate the restaurants itself, so it's not just a lease or commission they're getting from the purchases.

Colin, have you ever been there?

I think you are confusing that the HF operates the Village, ...which has many food concessions including several restaurants plus many food stands and carts throughout the entire 80 acre park. If the snack stand and the restaurant inside of the museum area are generating 16 million dollars of annual revenue, that would be about 1 million a month for the restaurant and about $400k for the snack area! That is over $13.3k a day for hot dogs / hamburgers and a drink! If that is the case, then I stand by my comment that the restaurant's food in the museum area is too darn high!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote