Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
reggiedog

Question Milwaukee ford plant

HI:

I'm looking for these people that have these stamps of Letters and Numbers Stamped on there Front Cross Brace. As I need more information from you as I want to include you with-in my List of the "R" Stamping for the Milwaukee Plant and here are what I have from Dave Sturges. As I'm the one that is doing the "R" Study for the Milwaukee Plant as I'm the one that has been researching that plant for the past 2 yrs now. And I have found a "R" sea of the "R" Stampings on some of the Cars in and around the Milwaukee area.

"R" 17335 - 1929 TUDOR / WISCONSIN

"R" 406 - 1931 ROADSTER / CALIFORNIA

"R" 14959 - 1931 COUP / MINN

"R" 8134 - 1930 TUDOR / WA

"R"-17239 -1929 TUDOR / WISC

"R" - 688 -1931 COUP / CA

"R" - 5475-1929 TUDOR / WISC

"R" -17093- 1931 TUDOR / ????

"R" - 495- 1931 / INDENTED FIREWALL ????

"R" - 123012 - 1930 / COUP

"R" - 13154 - 1929 JULY / WISC

What I all need is your Name, month of car, year of car, make of car, and I need the Docurmation that your car came from the Milwaukee Plant. And there's a few ways that you can do that.

1) You can go to the State and get the first few registrations for your car.

2) And what ever else you can get from the State to get the Documentation for you car.

3) Or from who ever you bought the car from and or there family if they still have it.

But you have to have the Documented proof that your car came from the Milwaukee Plant. Before I can actually say that your car came from the Milwaukee Plant. As having the "R" Stamped in your car without the Documentation of it DOESN'T mean your car was MADE in the Milwaukke Plant.

Unless you have the first title and or sales slip for the car and know what month your car was made so you can actually date your car to the month that would be enough proof right there.

But it's alway's nice to have what the State of Wisconsin has also on your car as the more information you can get on your car the better.

Let me know Reggie
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote