Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #81
redmodelt

Default Re: Afraid to post barners...

Re: Afraid to post barners...
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Chauvin
Humble Opinion:

if you drink a lot of beer when working on your Model A, you pee a lot more often than if you drink lemonade.

I Know the answer to that one ---

Beer doesn't have to slow down to change color !
Or:
Lemonade is sour/bitter and you hold it inside, beer flows freely and you let it out and enjoy life.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #82
fredski

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
I agree with Pete. I have slowed down posting because I probably don't know much.
bad idea///// have noticed your absence lately.

I thought you were quite knowledgeable.

fredski
fredski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #83
Greg out west

Question Re: Afraid to post barners...

Hi guy's

I ran the club raffle for a few year's...Seemed the big mouth didn't buy many ticket's,, but complained about the "prizes"

Latter in the meeting the President was asking for donation's for some good cause..I remembered the whole place went silent...

So,,,If you want to "Stop" the loud mouth's,,,I guess just ask for a donation

Greg out West
Greg out west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #84
Fred K-OR

I think the post has explored enough comments!
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #85
Ken Ehrenhofer

In 1961 I bought a Model A Ford. I was 17 years old....did not know anything about them so I joined the Model A Restorers club and asked questions....questions ,,,and more questions...and I started to learn something because this hobby is filled with the most interesting and talented people. Eventually, at some point I was able to start answering questions to newer members of our club and I have been doing it ever since......but I still need to go back and ask questions of some of that talent because I do not know everything about Model A's. Often I think about those old timers who helped me in the beginning and I try to pass it forward to anyone I can. I thought I knew quite a bit until 2 years ago I bought an AA and then I started to drink heavily.....Still having a great time in this hobby and will be in the Greenfield Shops this week to work on the bus. Wish I had more time to post but I am busy working on Model A's and having fun.....When I have a question I go to the "Barn" Ford Barn that is.....You guys are a big help to all Model A'ers Keep up the good work
Ken Ehrenhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #86
C4engr

Ford Barn is a great source of info. There are many who take the Model A to heart and will do anything to get you a straight up answer that will get you back in business. The PM option is fantastic. PM gives you the personal touch.

Rog
C4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #87
Tom Wesenberg

It costs nothing but a couple minutes of time to type out an answer to try to help someone keep their Model A on the road. Why shouldn't a person give out the information to help someone? It's not like you are giving out the cure for cancer and will loose millions on royalties.

What gets me is there are other car sites, (mostly modern) where the guys ask for big bucks for a simple answer. Just for kicks a few years ago I asked how to change the thermostat on my 1991 Olds 88 with 3.8 engine. It's just one bolt and an O ring that holds the cover over the thermostat, but I was told to remove the 2 bolts and gasket to change the thermostat, and he wanted $30 for the wrong answer. No, I didn't pay.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #88
Phil

Thanks Tiny,

Now I got to get that mental picture out my mind!!
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #89
Phil

Well said Tom. Thanks for all you do for the hobby.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #90
CarlG

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4engr View Post
Ford Barn is a great source of info. There are many who take the Model A to heart and will do anything to get you a straight up answer that will get you back in business. The PM option is fantastic. PM gives you the personal touch.

Rog
I very often answer in a PM if what I have to say might construed by some as controversial -- things like alternator, overdrive, those carbs like the avitar in post # 87, . . . well you get the idea.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #91
Joe K

Quote:
What gets me is there are other car sites, (mostly modern) where the guys ask for big bucks for a simple answer.
Whaa? For me that would be a signal to go to another forum.

Or maybe at least request a second opinion so I could balance veracity against cost.

Kidding on that latter.

Joe K
Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #92
Joe K

Quote:
Well, I am not afraid to post; heck, its the internet, who can possibly hurt you? I don't post much cause I don't know shite from shineola when it comes to Model As. I just come here to learn from those that have messed with them for a lifetime. I have only had two. One I sold before I could work on it and the one I have now that has no problems for me to fix.
I hope you got a good deal when you sold that first lifetime. If you don't mind me asking, WHO exactly did you sell it to. And how much did he pay you?

You're fortunate that your present life has not problems. I guess you could say you are blessed.

But why did He do that?

Kidding all of this. Dangling modifier alert - or something like that.

Joe K
Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #93
28RPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe K View Post
I hope you got a good deal when you sold that first lifetime. If you don't mind me asking, WHO exactly did you sell it to. And how much did he pay you?

You're fortunate that your present life has not problems. I guess you could say you are blessed.

But why did He do that?

Kidding all of this. Dangling modifier alert - or something like that.

Joe K
lol, I had to read that three times to see it. Good catch. Thats why I don't write for a living.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #94
Joe K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28RPU View Post
lol, I had to read that three times to see it. Good catch. Thats why I don't write for a living.
Yer a good sport. And you have a nice rpu - minus the top which is the way I like to see them.

YES I KNOW THEY HAD A NON-REMOVABLE TOP. But so much sexier without.

Don't want any negative commentary on a thread devoted to negative commentary as a reason for not posting.

Old Irony still exists in barnyards and garages all over the nation. The trick is to get some unrestored irony and do the minimum restoration to keep it alive and street legal.

Original Classless is the judging standard.

Joe K
Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #95
Randy in Illinois

Half the fun of model A's ( or any old car) is in the hunt for cars, parts, information, books, resources, and advise from friends and people we meet along the way in clubs, shows and the old timers that just want to talk. somethings we learn and share with others on the Barn. This is what keeps our hobby strong. Enjoy life, our hobby and not let poor comments ruin your day. and laugh once in a while too
Randy in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #96
buddridge

Old saying....opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one. Can't take anyone too seriously.
buddridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #97
acstep

its easy to bash someone when you are not face to face
acstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #98
John Stone

I am not afraid to post but only try to post pertinent information. My posts are usually pretty soon after the original (except this one). There is way too much in the way of people posting just to see how many posts they can get without answering the question or addressing the original problem. Sometimes just to be funny. I look at this site a couple times during the day and am amazed at the dribble that takes place for a seemingly simple question.
John Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #99
42merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stone View Post
I am not afraid to post but only try to post pertinent information. My posts are usually pretty soon after the original (except this one). There is way too much in the way of people posting just to see how many posts they can get without answering the question or addressing the original problem. Sometimes just to be funny. I look at this site a couple times during the day and am amazed at the dribble that takes place for a seemingly simple question.
Right on, John
42merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #100
H. L. Chauvin

FWIW:

If one ever thinks male dominant vehicle Forums are odd at times, one should visit a few female dominant Forums for an educational Forum experience.

Every now & then my wife calls my attention to her female dominant hobby Forum.

Anyone ever work with an organization or business with only vicious women members involved with no men?

On some women dominant Forums, appears the only thing safe with them is that nobody has yet been able to invent & sell totally destructive explosive bomb that could be sent via email.

The damage occurring on film in the old "Road Runner" cartoons & the Three Stoogies was never as amusing as a fortified brain fight on a female dominated Forum.

Later in life, some experience that some male fights are not that much different from female fights. LOL

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 12-13-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: typo
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote