Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Slotblog

Default Oregon to Georgia in a 1930 Standard Tudor

As I mentioned in a couple of threads I posted recently here, I shortly am embarking on a long trip to drive my newly-purchased 1930 Standard Tudor from Oregon to the Atlanta area, a roughly 2,700 mile jaunt.

I have started a trip "blog" which I hope to be able to update on a daily basis at my hobby website, slotblog.net. Here's a link:

Oregon to Georgia in a 1930 Ford

Comments and discussion will be welcomed in the related subforum, but not in the trip narrative itself. The discussion subforum has been permissioned so anyone can start topics or post replies there; registration is not required. Here's a link to the open subforum:

Oregon to Georgia trip discussion

I look forward to meeting other Model A enthusiasts during the journey, but we're still refining our exact route and the intinerary will largely be freelanced day by day. Our progress can be followed at the first link given above.

Some of you reading this may question my sanity, but a trip of this nature has been on my "bucket list" for a long time and at age 60, it's time to check something off. My older son (age 34) will be following me in a "chase car" containing spares, tools, and our gear. Please check out the initial posts in the trip blog for more info.

We plan to head north in our modern car before dawn this Sunday, i.e. in two days, and hope to start south with the Tudor the following Friday.

Greg Wells
Norcross, GA

Last edited by Slotblog; 10-17-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Slotblog is offline   Reply With Quote