Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-18-2015, 07:02 PM   #61
pgerhardt

Default Re: Model A Roadsters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31Tudor View Post
I guess I am missing something here. He sold it!
I saw the "This is a great story. I told my wife that if we sell it, good luck ever replacing it. I went to TAM's yesterday and bought some jewelry for the Roadster. I think we're going to keep her. My wife is coming around on the idea." post, but missed the "SOLD" post. Oh well, his loss and someone else's gain. The fact that I regret selling my old cars and bikes and that I had to wait until I retired to get back in the hobby holds true.

Last edited by pgerhardt; 10-18-2015 at 07:09 PM.
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:27 PM   #62
daveymc29

Wives are easy to find. A good roadster is not so easy to find. My bride won't let me sell or trade our roadster though it is showing its age. It still gets a few more looks than the Ferrari's do in our towns shows. I wish I had kept every old Ford I have owned, probably 25 of them over the years.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #63
Steve_Mack_CT

A little confused because it looks like Jupiter just sold a green fiberglass bodied 28, 29 roadster over in the swap section, even though the ad thread is titled 1930 but maybe the subject of this thread sold also.

Last edited by Steve_Mack_CT; 10-19-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Steve_Mack_CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #64
Rex_A_Lott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBandit View Post
Sold
Damn, can we let this die now??
Rex_A_Lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #65
JupiterBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W. View Post
A friend of mine looked at this exact car (unless two are in the same town and using the same pictures) - the rust was VERY BAD at the bottom of the cowl, and in general the whole bottom of the body was in question. Maybe your offers took this into account?

On the other hand, I've been seriously offered 15 for my un-restored 29 Standard roadster on the COLD coast of Maine, which was tempting but I'm still having too much fun...
There was a little rust about 4" long by an inch high at the bottom of cowl on both sides. When you removed the interior panel you could see it was just that very bottom. I don't know where you questioned the whole car as you could see underneath it and the rest of the car was mint. As for the sale I wish I'd kept it. I got full asking price and the guy loves it. I can't find another even close to what that car was.

I did buy another 1929 roadster. Kept it 2 years and sold it last week. I already regret selling it too.

They're fun to have
JupiterBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:15 AM   #66
JupiterBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Mack_CT View Post
A little confused because it looks like Jupiter just sold a green fiberglass bodied 28, 29 roadster over in the swap section, even though the ad thread is titled 1930 but maybe the subject of this thread sold also.

I sold the Blue 1931 a while ago. It was an all steel body and fenders were steel.

The Green 1930 was how it was titled in NY so Ma just kept it titled a 1930 even though it had a 1929 body on it. The body was fiberglass and so were the fenders.

I appreciate everyone's positive comments and their help. I've become a real fan of Model A's. The reason I sold the green 1930 was to make room in my garage for this winter. Plus it didn't have a rumble seat and when I found out how much it was to convert it, I felt the fiberglass car wasn't worth it and I'd be better off buying one with the rumble seat and the color I want. The gentleman who bought it only cared about the mechanical and wants to tinker with it and drive it around with out spending $20k. He loves the car.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #67
JupiterBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerhardt View Post
I saw the "This is a great story. I told my wife that if we sell it, good luck ever replacing it. I went to TAM's yesterday and bought some jewelry for the Roadster. I think we're going to keep her. My wife is coming around on the idea." post, but missed the "SOLD" post. Oh well, his loss and someone else's gain. The fact that I regret selling my old cars and bikes and that I had to wait until I retired to get back in the hobby holds true.

Yeah it's hard when they have to go. I have 9 cars and when winter comes it's not fun trying to find them all shelter. I'm in the process of thinning the herd. 4 Trans Ams, 3 Mustangs, and 2 daily drivers. I'd like to be down to 1 Trans Am, 1 Mustang, 1 Model A Roadster and 2 daily drivers. But with my sickness, who knows, I may own too many cars for the rest of my life. There's not a pile of junk I don't want to take home with me.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #68
BlueSunoco

I believe that good '30-'31 Roadsters will always be in demand. There's always a market for these cars.

I've seen total pieces of junk bring some big money.
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote