Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
41Joe

Default Flathead 226 H-Series

I posted this on the fordsix forum, but it doesn't seem like anyone is every on there for the vintage engine section. Now this is for the inline 6 flathead out of a 48 sedan.
I am not even close to getting my engine put back together, but one thing that I have been wondering is about the carb and distributor for the 226 H Series. I know this came with the Load-O-Matic distributor and needs the matched carburetor.
Will an Autolite 1100 from a 65 Mustang work. It does have the spark control valve and uses the load-o-matic.
I was also looking at the programmable MSD 6AL ignition box. For that you just need a trigger and it will figure the advance based on graphs the user inputs. So with this system what would be the advance curve?
What would be nice about the MSD is that you can keep the stock distributor but be able to run different carbs. I could run dual Strombergs or do a single two barrel. Or is there a different distributor that would work? It doesn't seem like there is that wouldn't require a lot of modification.
41Joe is offline   Reply With Quote