Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
RalphG

Default 52 Mercury

Had the 52 Merc on paved highway for the first time since 1969 last weekend. Nice change from gravel roads and dust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnx2...ature=youtu.be
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
VeryTangled

Default Re: 52 Mercury

Hi Everyone, Ralph, that makes me wanna abandon this rat-race hell-hole county I reside in and relocate! Good fun had by all! I really enjoy your camera work. And thanks for not including music, the sounds were just perfect.

I'm gonna be sad if you ever change the windshield. I love it the way it is!

For others, have a look at Raplph's list of YouTube videos. It's in his signature, but I'll include it here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/roosty6/videos

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
scicala

Very nice as usual Ralph. Thanks.

Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #4
corvette8n

Thanks for the ride Ralph, my Dad has a '53 Mercomatic, Dad and Mom rode in the front and us four kids rode in the back, he towed a '14 rowboat that we water skied behind, it had a 12 horse West Bend outboard on it. Those were the days.
corvette8n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:09 PM   #5
RalphG

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone, Ralph, that makes me wanna abandon this rat-race hell-hole county I reside in and relocate! Good fun had by all! I really enjoy your camera work. And thanks for not including music, the sounds were just perfect.

I'm gonna be sad if you ever change the windshield. I love it the way it is!
Glad you enjoyed the video. Just some good old boys having a good old time. Wish we could have stayed around at the first car show longer to see who all turned up but the next show in the next town started at 1:00 so we had to move on. I wish I had more outside views of the Merc on the road but we slipped up on that. As well as no drone video (my fault).
That pitted and cracked windshield is the same one my dad looked through as he drove us kids around in the 1960s so I guess it has sentimental value as well.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
RalphG

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette8n View Post
Thanks for the ride Ralph, my Dad has a '53 Mercomatic, Dad and Mom rode in the front and us four kids rode in the back, he towed a '14 rowboat that we water skied behind, it had a 12 horse West Bend outboard on it. Those were the days.
Similar situation here although only 3 boys in the back. My brother claims the Merc had a hitch on the back bumper when dad bought it but I don't remember. Just imagine, pulling water skiers with 12 hp! And pulling a boat trailer behind a flathead and Mercomatic! We didn't need a lot of horsepower to have fun in those days.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
Ross F-1

I envy you having a small-town venue like that! Yet enough people for a good turnout. Great video, thanks for posting!
Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 AM   #8
Paul Bennett

Ralph
As always you provide better entertainment than the telly. But have to admit, I was hoping to see some helicopter shots talem just ahead of the mudders. Is there Canadian problem regulations about it's use?

I noted your rear view mirror was removed for the rear seat filming. Removal certainly makes for a better video.
Paul Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #9
RalphG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bennett View Post
Ralph
As always you provide better entertainment than the telly. But have to admit, I was hoping to see some helicopter shots talem just ahead of the mudders. Is there Canadian problem regulations about it's use?

I noted your rear view mirror was removed for the rear seat filming. Removal certainly makes for a better video.
No problem flying the drone at this event but I had too many distractions, too much bright sun to see the control screen properly. Result was I was not recording when I thought I was. Plus under pressure to get to the next event. Got some nice overhead views of the parking lot and a distant view of the "bogs" and that is all.
No, I did not remove the rear view mirror. Maybe it just did not show up.