Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-04-2017, 03:23 AM   #21
quickchange

Default Re: My rear end

Synchro909, Some news , actually your car was build in the British commonwealth CANADA , sure designed by Henry but not built in USA & not assembled by Americans ? I agree keep politics out of here, I have a number of spare rear ends here course they are RHD ones built in Canada , What do you need ? happy to help anyone in the world if I can , We regularly even send parts to USA , its about helping one another , that's what the hobby is all about ,
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:51 AM   #22
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickchange View Post
Synchro909, Some news , actually your car was build in the British commonwealth CANADA , sure designed by Henry but not built in USA & not assembled by Americans ? I agree keep politics out of here, I have a number of spare rear ends here course they are RHD ones built in Canada , What do you need ? happy to help anyone in the world if I can , We regularly even send parts to USA , its about helping one another , that's what the hobby is all about ,
Thank you. I'll PM you if I need anything more.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:54 AM   #23
updraught

Fords weren't a great seller here. It was one of many makes from around the world being sold (including about 40 local manufacturers before 1930).

The basic Ford bits were made in Canada. The factory here was Canadian owned.

This country was badly hit by the first world war with the loss of most of its best and brightest who all volunteered. It was a country of a few million, and not much over 100 years old at the time. As many died after the war as during the war. The 1920's was not the boom time here as it was else where (largely, I think, due to a loss of confidence). So by the time the depression hit, things really were not good.

I've just finished reading this:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26192535-drive
it is interesting to see where the early automotive technology came from.
updraught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 AM   #24
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by updraught View Post
Fords weren't a great seller here. That's true!It was one of many makes from around the world being sold (including about 40 local manufacturers before 1930). And about 50 by the beginning of WW2

The basic Ford bits were made in Canada. The factory here was Canadian owned.

This country was badly hit by the first world war with the loss of most of its best and brightest who all volunteered. On a per capita basis, Australia lost more men in WW1 than any other countryIt was a country of a few million, and not much over 100 years old at the time. As many died after the war as during the war. The 1920's was not the boom time here as it was else where (largely, I think, due to a loss of confidence)(and man power). So by the time the depression hit, things really were not good.

I've just finished reading this:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26192535-drive
it is interesting to see where the early automotive technology came from.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #25
Railcarmover
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickchange View Post

No sir,your car was manufactured at The Rouge,and all sub assemblies were were assembled at the Rouge.Fords mantra was simple,manufacture close to the source,assemble close to the market.Your "right hand drive" rear ends were manufactured and assembled at the Rouge.By Americans.Its fact,deal with it,American design,American manufactured American sub assembled.Americans are not 'lucky' to have a good supply of used parts ninety years later,its a statement to the quality of the product made in America at the time.This is not political,its fact.
Railcarmover is offline   Reply With Quote