Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 12:42 PM   #21
Terry Burtz, Calif

Default Re: Where’s Paul Shinn?

We refrain from saying anything bad about Paul Shinn. We have no control over what others say.

Paul Shinn may have 2 defective "New Engine Kits", and we simply want to know what the defects are so we can make a change if needed.

Paul is non-responsive until we post something on the forums to solicit a response from him.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:00 PM   #22
jeepguy1948

Please Please Please Model A Lovers.... Paul Shinn has been a fantastic help to thousands of Model A owners, his videos have been a HUGE help to me. He has (as well as Model T) put in a whole lot of hours putting these videos out. If you-all donÂ’t quit pounding him he is going to pack up and leave which will be a huge loss to many many Model A owners. It is an extremely unfortunate situation that got this whole Sh#t Show started. Mr. Burtz, IÂ’m very sorry that this happened but Paul has been a big supporter of you and your products which now is being ignored. Sometimes people just screw up but once something has been seen it canÂ’t be unseen and mistakes have been made by both sides. I ask that you reach out to Paul privately and possibly let this thing settle down. I want to add that as a sober 6 years alcoholic I can understand just how hurtful it was to Paul to make any mention at all over a beer box (which turned out to be full of parts) and the insinuations that followed. Would everybody please please please let this thing die? Please??? Please?
Old 10-07-2022, 04:46 PM   #23
Ordsgt

Very well said. It is between the two of them and we shouldn't be involved
Old 10-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #24
todd3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy1948 View Post
Please Please Please Model A Lovers.... Paul Shinn has been a fantastic help to thousands of Model A owners, his videos have been a HUGE help to me. He has (as well as Model T) put in a whole lot of hours putting these videos out. If you-all donÂ’t quit pounding him he is going to pack up and leave which will be a huge loss to many many Model A owners. It is an extremely unfortunate situation that got this whole Sh#t Show started. Mr. Burtz, IÂ’m very sorry that this happened but Paul has been a big supporter of you and your products which now is being ignored. Sometimes people just screw up but once something has been seen it canÂ’t be unseen and mistakes have been made by both sides. I ask that you reach out to Paul privately and possibly let this thing settle down. I want to add that as a sober 6 years alcoholic I can understand just how hurtful it was to Paul to make any mention at all over a beer box (which turned out to be full of parts) and the insinuations that followed. Would everybody please please please let this thing die? Please??? Please?
I think you are right we need to bury this and move on like it didn't happen. Paul has had ample time to back up his claim in a video that no longer exists about a product that burtz is desperate to back up if it is wrong. I say any doubts I had about the burtz block have been overcome by their response to this issue and Paul isn't saying anything more.

Please go in peace. Amen
Old 10-07-2022, 08:57 PM   #25
ModelA29

We all need to remember for 99% of us this is a hobby and takes a backseat to family and career. Life sometimes gets in the way of the best of intentions.

Paul responded on this thread - https://www.vintagefordforum.net/for...e-is-paul-shin
Old 10-07-2022, 09:34 PM   #26
todd3131

The link doesn't work for me. Probably a sign
Old 10-07-2022, 10:21 PM   #27
SDJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd3131 View Post
The link doesn't work for me. Probably a sign
methinks the forum software is automagically replacing ***.com with ***.net in the link - manually correcting that will probably bring you to the intended destination.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:33 AM   #28
P.S.

Please- NO more drama. I am actively exchanging emails with John Lampl, Terry's business partner. We are working on this. This is between them and me.

Ryan and I have exchanged messages and I gave him my word that I will not be adding to the drama. Therefore, when accusations are thrown around, I will not participate.

Facts: I make Model A videos, Terry makes engine kits. I bought two of his engine kits. They are mine, and I will do with them as I please. When the time is right, I will share with you what I am doing with them. The end.

Please, stop bringing this up. Let John and I work through this. Thank you.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:42 AM   #29
P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burtz, Calif View Post
We refrain from saying anything bad about Paul Shinn.

Paul is non-responsive until we post something on the forums to solicit a response from him.
Terry- I am in active contact with your business partner John Lampl. Please stop using web forums to poke at me to get a response. You have my email and cellphone number from my order sheets. You should use those to contact me privately. Thank you.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #30
sdpet56

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
Terry- I am in active contact with your business partner John Lampl. Please stop using web forums to poke at me to get a response. You have my email and cellphone number from my order sheets. You should use those to contact me privately. Thank you.

Seriously? You trashed Burtz engines in a video and now want this out of any public forum
Old 10-08-2022, 10:32 AM   #31
JRLampl

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
...Please, stop bringing this up. Let John and I work through this. Thank you.
Yes, Paul and I are working all this out.. there is way too much drama here; I am happy to move forward and I know Paul is happy to do do as well...
Old 10-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #32
fried okra

Location: Daniel Island,SouthCarolina/Knoxville, Tennessee/Sanibel Island,Florida

Paul, hope you can find time to get "cranking" out those videos too!
Old 10-09-2022, 11:14 AM   #33
Lenny Bruce

Love ya Paul! Your videos have been extremely helpful to us as we continue to learn about our beloved 1930 Tudor “Norm”. Meeting you at Model A Days was an absolute treasure to us! Can’t wait to run into you again and hopefully have a few nice chats!
Your new friends from Upstate NY. Lenny & Annie
Old 10-09-2022, 01:05 PM   #34
CWPASADENA

Paul,

I am happy to hear that you and John are "working this out" and hopefully all involved can "moving forward".

However, Paul, please do not try to present yourself as the victim here. You posted the video where your mechanist clearly stated that there were many deficiencies in the Burtz product that could cost thousands of dollars to correct. These "findings" did not corollate with the experience of other professional builders and there were many questions about how your mechanist came to the conclusions he did. Of course, it is possible that you did receive 2 defective engine kits and your machinist did come to the correct conclusions.

Because the conclusions your machinist made, the questions about how he came to these conclusions and his remarks about the estimated cost to correct these "deficiencies", the quality of the Burtz product has been brought into question. In my opinion, this video did harm to the Burtz product.

It seems to me the Burtz people are doing everything they can to confirm that in fact these components either are not within specification, or they are within specification. It would be very easy to have a qualified independent third party inspect the components and report their findings. I believe the Burtz folks have proposed this.

The Burtz folks need to have this issue resolved. If they do have a problem, they need to know it and remedy the situation.

Your reputation is also in question, and you need this issue resolved. if your machinist did not correctly evaluate the components, you need to know this and correct the statements made in the video YOU posted.

The Model A Hobby deserves to know exactly what is going on. For the good of the hobby, this situation needs to move forward.

Again, please, for the sake of all of us, do not represent yourself as the victim here. You posted the video that started everything, and it seems to me you are the one holding up progress to bring this issue to a conclusion.

Again, this is just my opinion,

Chris W.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:23 PM   #35
P.S.

John Lampl and I spoke for nearly an hour this morning. It was very productive and enjoyable. Turns out- We are both on the same page as well. We are working as a team now to improve the product and will have an announcement soon. Until then, everyone please stop with the drama, accusations, and false information and opinions. Let John and I do our thing, please.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:56 PM   #36
sdpet56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWPASADENA View Post
Paul,

I am happy to hear that you and John are "working this out" and hopefully all involved can "moving forward".

However, Paul, please do not try to present yourself as the victim here. You posted the video where your mechanist clearly stated that there were many deficiencies in the Burtz product that could cost thousands of dollars to correct. These "findings" did not corollate with the experience of other professional builders and there were many questions about how your mechanist came to the conclusions he did. Of course, it is possible that you did receive 2 defective engine kits and your machinist did come to the correct conclusions.

Because the conclusions your machinist made, the questions about how he came to these conclusions and his remarks about the estimated cost to correct these "deficiencies", the quality of the Burtz product has been brought into question. In my opinion, this video did harm to the Burtz product.

It seems to me the Burtz people are doing everything they can to confirm that in fact these components either are not within specification, or they are within specification. It would be very easy to have a qualified independent third party inspect the components and report their findings. I believe the Burtz folks have proposed this.

The Burtz folks need to have this issue resolved. If they do have a problem, they need to know it and remedy the situation.

Your reputation is also in question, and you need this issue resolved. if your machinist did not correctly evaluate the components, you need to know this and correct the statements made in the video YOU posted.

The Model A Hobby deserves to know exactly what is going on. For the good of the hobby, this situation needs to move forward.

Again, please, for the sake of all of us, do not represent yourself as the victim here. You posted the video that started everything, and it seems to me you are the one holding up progress to bring this issue to a conclusion.

Again, this is just my opinion,

Chris W.

As an additional point to this response, if the original video Paul posted was factual then why was it taken down? If I made a claim, I would stand behind that claim...
The folks at Burtz have been a lot more paitent than I would have waiting 6 plus weeks to get the blocks and crankshafts returned...
Old 10-09-2022, 03:21 PM   #37
Ryan
Administrator

How about you guys handle the YouTube drama on YouTube and leave this joint peaceful?
Closed Thread