Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2021, 07:38 AM   #1
Tod

Default An interesting idea regarding cylinder heads.

Recently, someone advanced an idea to me for moving heads in more quantity and with reduced pricing due to bulk sales. I am just starting to investigate and have posted the idea on Facebook, including the MAFCA page.

The idea is to offer a dealer-type discount to Model A clubs where if a club orders a certain quantity (yet to be determined) they can get a discount and also save on shipping, as the heads can be shipped freight rather than individually.

This idea would be offered on my Winfield heads, Thomas heads, and the new Stock Top Crow Foot head. I might even consider it on OHV heads as well.

I haven't gone any further than sharing the idea. Some think it is a great idea. Builders, who would want to be dealers are probably not going to like the idea for obvious reasons. The idea for me, though, is to find a way to get more word out and sell more product. I have been looking at a foundry that can produce more castings at a time for a little less than current methods, so that is what prompted my initial curiosity on Facebook.

I have not thought about doing this with blocks, intakes, or headers.

I will be starting to contact clubs to see what the response adds up to.

Input here is welcomed.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote