Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #1
Bobs29ModelA

Default Antique Metal Trunk for Model A

City: Livermore
State: CA
Price: 100

Up for your consideration today is a vintage/antique metal storage trunk, in classic condition for its age. The trunk measures approximately 24" Wide x 16-1/2" Deep x 15" High. The outside has been repainted in a gloss black, while the inside is still untouched in its original blue color. The outer surface had some surface rust when I first got it a few years ago (now repainted), but there is absolutely no rust-through anywhere, and this trunk is still solid as a rock, yet it also shows that much sought-after patina!

As the photos show, there are 4 mounting holes drilled on the bottom surface, and in the center of the bottom is some leftover contact cement residue from when I had a piece of carpeting covering the bottom panel. The front panel (where the lid meets the lower front) is also slightly bent inwards, but in no way interferes with the ability to close and/or lock the unit. I do not have a key to fit this old lock, but the owner can easily place a small padlock on the latching mechanism, as there is a slot for that. There are also metal reinforcing strips that are hand-riveted, which indicates that this trunk is quite old, most likely early 1900's.

When I bought this trunk a few years ago, I was told that it was intended to be strapped onto the luggage rack of antique vehicles, such as Model T's and Model A's, and indeed, I myself had it for a few years attached to the luggage rack on one of my own Model A's. I no longer have that car, and am no longer using it, so I've decided to let someone else put this classic trunk to good use.

Item is located in North Livermore, CA, which is in the San Francisco Bay Area. While a quick local sale is preferred, I would consider purchasing a large box and packing materials, to ship it within the contiguous United States, IF the buyer is willing to pay the actual cost of the box and packing materials, plus the actual UPS Ground shipping and insurance costs. If you have any questions, or would like to make arrangements to see the trunk, please PM me (Bob) through this ad. The pictures tell the story, and the first $100 CASH or PayPal payment (plus estimated PayPal fees) takes it.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Antique Trunk Pic1.jpg (47.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Antique Trunk Pic2.jpg (47.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Antique Trunk Pic3.jpg (40.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Antique Trunk Pic4.jpg (52.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Antique Trunk Pic5.jpg (25.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Antique Trunk Pic6.jpg (38.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Antique Trunk Pic7.jpg (37.1 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Bobs29ModelA; 09-04-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Bobs29ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote