Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
Mike B

Default Re: strange visual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36tbird View Post
But, as far as SW Fla, I'm done reaching out down there and from this discussion I damn sure will not try to talk to anyone in Oakdale on the other coast, either.
Always a cold one in the fridge for anyone who pulls up in an old Ford

Even for our friends to the north
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
Kahuna

Yep
Orland's cool, Oakdale sucks
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #23
Mike B

Someone don't like cowboys...feel free to step into the H-B next time in town and make that announcement
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #24
36tbird

In the future when I fly in somewhere for the holidays I will try to find an "old Ford" auto rental agency to use as an announcement of my interests. I do have a bucket list trip planned someday to drive Hwy 1 where I knew already that I would stop by and see Kahuna. Now I know I can stop by and see John in Orland, too.
36tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #25
johnh7

36tbird,

I am a long way off of Hwy 1 and there is no convenient way here and back without taking you a day or two out of your way. I am in the central valley of California and you have to drive south or north of me to find a route to the coast. However I would be very happy to drive over to Hwy 1 to meet you. My wife loves Hwy 1 and Hwy 101. In addition, it will give me and excuse to take my 38 ford pickup for a drive to the coast. That is of course if you do that part of your bucket list in the next four years, because after that we will relocate to the area of Marshall, Texas.

Live for today, but save for tomorrow!
johnh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #26
36tbird

We'll have to see. If this bucket list trip comes to fruition, it would be in the '36 roadster. I think I will get it on the road this year, it is close. So, I might make that west coast trip before you move.

You and I may stand a better chance meeting during the Canton market days (First Monday) after you move to Marshall. Or, if you venture down to the New Braunfel's swap meet, that might be an opportunity. Something to look forward to.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
jim1932

Kinda funny, after reading this far i was kinda put out about the first post, then went back and reread it. Other than commenting about a typically frosty response and gasp, mentioning a ratrod, I didn't find anything in the post other than regret not to find out more about the car. Did he bad mouth the person for not knowing more about the car? umm no, did he say he forced himself into the garage… umm no, just said he didn't walk away after the initial chilled response. People definitely read too much into a lot of these post based on their own sensitivities. Myself included, I was finding myself thinking worse and worse about the original post till I went back and read it.

We just need another Lagunitas(beer) and chill
Old 12-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #28
Mike B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1932 View Post
Kinda funny, after reading this far i was kinda put out about the first post, then went back and reread it. Other than commenting about a typically frosty response and gasp, mentioning a ratrod, I didn't find anything in the post other than regret not to find out more about the car. Did he bad mouth the person for not knowing more about the car? umm no, did he say he forced himself into the garage… umm no, just said he didn't walk away after the initial chilled response. People definitely read too much into a lot of these post based on their own sensitivities. Myself included, I was finding myself thinking worse and worse about the original post till I went back and read it.

All good, but Oakdale sucks, right..so does SW Fla...I mean it's written, must be true......even after a re-read
Old 12-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #29
1952henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1932 View Post

Here, here. A Censored Ale or Hop Stoopid for me! One of the few things I miss from living on the Left Coast.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #30
36tbird

Thank you, Jim'32. You summed up perfectly why I was so astonished at some of the responses I had to my thread. Sorry, Mike, but you earned your responses when you went off on me knee jerk style. I heard that the Oakdale chamber of commerce is withdrawing their nomination for you to be their "Ambassador of Welcome".

My theory of the early 21 stud in the '40 is that maybe it originally had a 60 in it and someone thought they would replace it with a "big flathead" not recognizing the differences or nuances of the flatmotors. The '40 was a 4 door. Does anyone know what the predominant body style was for '40's with 60's?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #31
jim1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952henry View Post
Here, here. A Censored Ale or Hop Stoopid for me! One of the few things I miss from living on the Left Coast.
I am getting it on the east coast so check around. Sumpin sumpin is my fav. Waiting for their next seasonal "Lagunitas Sucks". Any company that has the gonads to name one of their beers basically "we suck" gets my money

Looks like Montana, Minnesota and Wyoming have it…..road trip….

and road trips are a fordbarn friendly topic
Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #32
Mike B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36tbird View Post
Sorry, Mike, but you earned your responses when you went off on me knee jerk style. I heard that the Oakdale chamber of commerce is withdrawing their nomination for you to be their "Ambassador of Welcome".
It's all good...I still don't think my response warranted that the town sucks, kind of a broad brush to swipe...I can see saying "you suck Mike for your response" but not a whole community.

Still will keep one on ice for ya...no need to rent an old heap...just put a sticker on your rental car
Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #33
36tbird

Happy New Year, Lou