Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #21
fritznbud

Default Re: Hagerty Car Insurance

The one and only agent, in MI, is who i dealt with. Hagerty has no local area reps as far as i knew.
fritznbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #22
Roger V

I have had Hagerty for about twenty-five years. Had a claim that they took care of very fast. Another situation where I was in a bind (not their fault) they went beyond normal and took care of it when time was critical. I'm more than satisfied.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #23
gz

NEVER heard of a problem with Hagerty. They are top notch in my book as well as several thousand others. I have known several people who had claims and Hagerty delivered instantly and as promised. I use them myself and recommend them to all of my customers.
Grundy has a great reputation as well.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #24
holdover

This is how the above claim should have played out.. After calling Hagerty the agent responds, Sorry for your accident, I understand that the other driver has been charged and are at fault for the accident and damage to your collector vehicle that is insured by us. We will contact the insurance company and get a status on their response to this claim, but be assured if there is any delay or deficiency in the repair of your vehicle at the place of your choosing, we will repair or pay the agreed value to you. A statement such as this will help you when there is a potential loss, and put your mind at ease.. It is the right thing to do.
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #25
fritznbud

Thank you Holdover, That's all it would have taken by the agent, to put my mind at ease. I did my own footwork and contacted Farm Bureau in NC after promised "we will get back to you asap" calls to hagerty. I never heard from hagerty again.
fritznbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #26
Jacksonlll

Send a message via ICQ to Jacksonlll

Anyone ever have a claim on their A with the Corvette Museum Insurance???
The carrier is American Modern.

Last edited by Jacksonlll; 11-25-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Jacksonlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #27
TerryH

After hearing good things, I insured my Model A with Grundy for several years, never having a claim. Then, somewhere, I heard to check on my coverage, as I like to drive my car 2-3 times a week.....to the Post Office, grocery store, etc.....but not work.... I am retired. I called Grundy and described my driving habits and desires, and was told they don’t insure that type of use on any kind of regular basis. Apparently they only want you to drive occasionally, and not routinely to any one location. I then switched to AAA, and got a very good price, agreed value, and hardly any restrictions (only not for work).
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #28
fasi

I have had 3 claims with Haggerty and never an issue. Took to shop of my choice, they never quibbled on cost. Paid promptly.
fasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #29
V4F

I was disappointed to find out they will not insure a daily driver . should have lied I guess
Old 11-24-2017, 12:47 AM   #30
old31

I used Haggerty for years and a friend said I should try State Farm. I did and will not go back to Haggerty. The same policy for less money.
old31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #31
Lona

Quote:
Originally Posted by old31 View Post
I used Haggerty for years and a friend said I should try State Farm. I did and will not go back to Haggerty. The same policy for less money.
Strange. I had two houses, a rental property, a boat and a trailer plus three cars insured with State Farm. When I added my three antique cars to the policy, the extra cost for them seemed a little high so I contacted Haggerty. The cost from Haggerty was less than half what State Farm wanted and included agreed upon values. My State Farm rep said they are not that knowledgeable about antique cars and price their policies as if they were normal modern daily drivers. Might only have been a statement from my local guy and not their national policy.

Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica
Lona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #32
MBI Houston

I have had Hagerty for 7 years and never a problem. Only had one claim and it was resolved with one visit from the adjuster. I wish all my other insurance was provided by Hagerty. Good people and easy to deal with.
MBI Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:55 AM   #33
springerpete

I have a '25 model T roadster pu, A '29 A roadster, a '58 Austin Healey 100-6 and a '71 Chevy 4WD K10. They will not insure me unless I drop the K10 as they told me they do not cover 4WD pick ups. So, I went elsewhere.
springerpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:45 PM   #34
ODFever

I had one of my antique vehicles insured by Gulfway. My State Farm agent is great! She knows all about antique auto insurance, valuations, and limits. She cut me a quote that has better coverage at a lower price than Gulfway. I have 2 cars, a house, and one antique auto under SF. Every year I call my agent to see if she can beat JC Taylor. So far she is still a few $$ higher for the same coverage. I’m looking forward to one company holding all of my insurance. It’s easier for me to keep track of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2017, 07:17 PM   #35
26 Coupe

Here is a data point for Grundy. After sitting at a dead stop for 15 seconds waiting for a gap in traffic so I could make a left turn at an intersection, a huge SUV smashed into my 1964 Riviera's rear end. It pushed the rear bumper into the rear seat and I could hear the fan hitting the radiator. I had 2 phone conversations with Grundy - one to describe the accident and one from them 2 or 3 days later to ensure my passenger and I still had no physical problems. Three weeks to the day from the accident, I received a check for the agreed value of the car. I saw Jim Grundy at this year's Hilton Head Concours and thanked him for the check! I used it to buy my Model A roadster.
Incidentally, they offered to sell me the wreck for $250.
I can't say enough good things about them.
26 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote